Malvaceae Week-Abelmoschus/Hisbiscus for ID

Nidhan Singh

Sep 11, 2011, 3:17:53 AM9/11/11
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

This herbaceous plant was shot from a roadside place in Panipat, in September 2010. It was uploaded in another thread and eventually got mixed up, not to be found again. I now think that being Malvaceae week, this is apt time to re-upload this plant. The fruit closely resembles Ladies' Finger but is smaller and quite rough.

I hope I will find out the correct identity for this specimen.
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Abelmoschus for ID.JPG
Abelmoschus for ID (1).JPG
Abelmoschus for ID (2).JPG
Abelmoschus for ID (3).JPG

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 11, 2011, 3:47:13 AM9/11/11
to indiantreepix, Nidhan Singh
Ran Bhendi in Marathi
Madhuri

Balkar Arya

Sep 11, 2011, 10:52:07 AM9/11/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Nidhan Singh
I think Abelmoschus moschatus
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Tanay Bose

Sep 11, 2011, 11:13:00 AM9/11/11
to Balkar Arya, Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Nidhan Singh
Abelmoschus moschatus
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Nov 25, 2017, 12:06:33 AM11/25/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Balkar Arya, Madhuri Pejaver