Saraca asoca? - 170111 - RK3

ranjini kamath

Jan 17, 2011, 6:48:53 AM1/17/11
to indiatreepix
Is this Saraca asoca?Am not sure since i have not seen flowers
springing from the trunk on other S.asoca trees seen earlier.Pic taken
in Lalbagh Botanical Garden,Bangalore on 16/01/11.
Request confirmation.
Thank you.
Regards
Ranjini Kamath
PS Behind this tree is Saraca thaipingensis.I have posted pictures
of this tree earlier today.
IMG_8422-ph2.jpg
IMG_8423-ph3.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Jan 17, 2011, 7:47:08 AM1/17/11
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Ranjini jee
i think this is Saraca talpingensis
i found this beautiful tree at Lalbagh botanical garden
this is my pics .
Saraca talpingensis.jpg
Saraca talpingensis 1.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Jan 17, 2011, 7:54:34 AM1/17/11
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
sorry sorry  my mistake upload pictures in wrong place.
33E.gif

Mahadeswara

Jan 17, 2011, 10:55:45 PM1/17/11
to efloraofindia
Saraca talpingensis. On an earlier occasion also the photograph was
flashed as Saraca asoca. It was identified by me as S.taipengensis.