Please identify this small herb - NS1

Neil Soares

Sep 16, 2010, 9:19:02 AM9/16/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Photographed at my farm at Shahapur near Bombay. After the Common Begonia flowered [Photograph 1] and died out, these small annual herbs have taken over the boulders.
     Would be grateful if someone could identify it.
                         Thanks,
                              Neil Soares.

P.S. Had posted photographs of the Common Begonia flowering previously :

Common Begonia, Begonia crenata.jpg
Unidentified herb 1.jpg
Unidentified herb 2.jpg
Unidentified herb 3.jpg
Unidentified herb 4.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 16, 2010, 10:03:56 AM9/16/10
to efloraofindia
Neilji I have not seen this plant so far but I reckon this to be
Argostemma sp. of Rubiaceae. Could you pls give a close up to show if
the flowers are 4 or 5 merous? Regards, Shrikant

On Sep 16, 6:19 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Photographed at my farm at Shahapur near Bombay. After the Common Begonia flowered [Photograph 1] and died out, these small annual herbs have taken over the boulders.
>      Would be grateful if someone could identify it.
>                          Thanks,
>                               Neil Soares.
>
> P.S. Had posted photographs of the Common Begonia flowering previously :
>  http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/c...
>
>  Common
> 170KViewDownload
>
>  Unidentified
> 192KViewDownload
>
>  Unidentified
> 178KViewDownload
>
>  Unidentified
> 131KViewDownload
>
>  Unidentified
> 106KViewDownload

Parjanya guru

Sep 16, 2010, 10:08:22 AM9/16/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia

..  For herb 2.jpg- herb 4.jpg,

I stick to  Elatostemma of Family Urticaceae.

... Elatostemma cuneatum Wight..
??

  Parjanya Guru
 +919738723392

Neil Soares

Sep 16, 2010, 1:09:06 PM9/16/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, Parjanya guru, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr.Guru & Mr.Ingalhalikar. Will try for some close-up photographs this weekend.
                       With regards,
                         Neil Soares.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 17, 2010, 11:02:18 PM9/17/10
to efloraofindia
Parjanya Guruji, I agree with your ID. The leaves appeared whorled but
on careful look they are alternate. Thank you. Regards, Shrikant

On Sep 16, 6:19 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Photographed at my farm at Shahapur near Bombay. After the Common Begonia flowered [Photograph 1] and died out, these small annual herbs have taken over the boulders.
>      Would be grateful if someone could identify it.
>                          Thanks,
>                               Neil Soares.
>
> P.S. Had posted photographs of the Common Begonia flowering previously :

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2010, 1:05:36 AM10/17/10
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares, Parjanya guru, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I stick to  Elatostemma of Family Urticaceae.
 ... Elatostemma cuneatum Wight..
??”
from Parjanya ji.

--