Strawberry from Nilgiris

Muthu Karthick

May 2, 2011, 7:17:07 AM5/2/11

Date: 10 April 2011
#15, second main road,

May 2, 2011, 8:14:18 AM5/2/11

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

May 2, 2011, 8:21:37 AM5/2/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
On second thought, I think it is F. vesca as scapes are much longer than leaves.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Muthu Karthick

May 3, 2011, 1:45:30 AM5/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks for showing the lead Singh sir; and the flowers here are white. Local people said that this creeper is a weed in garden.

Gurcharan Singh

May 3, 2011, 9:25:37 AM5/3/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Fragaria vesca does have white flowers

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Inderjeet Sethi

May 4, 2011, 11:39:25 PM5/4/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Can they be eaten?
--
~ik~
Dr.Inderjeet Kaur Sethi

Gurcharan Singh

May 5, 2011, 2:34:49 AM5/5/11
to Inderjeet Sethi, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
yes for sure

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Aug 16, 2011, 8:00:31 AM8/16/11
to efloraofindia, npba...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, kunhi...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, brsp...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, sasib...@gmail.com, ras...@gmail.com, Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“On second thought, I think it is F. vesca as scapes are much longer than leaves.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“Thanks for showing the lead Singh sir; and the flowers here are white. Local people said that this creeper is a weed in garden.” from Muthu ji.

Fragaria vesca does have white flowers
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

Strawberry (4).jpg
Strawberry.jpg
Strawberry (1).jpg
Strawberry (2).jpg
Strawberry (3).jpg

JM Garg

Sep 28, 2015, 2:49:35 AM9/28/15
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh
Taking it as Fragaria nubicola in view of discussions in another thread.
Strawberry (4).jpg
Strawberry.jpg
Strawberry (1).jpg
Strawberry (2).jpg