Asphodelus fistulosus from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2010, 8:27:58 PM10/14/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Asphodelus fistulosus, a common winter weed in wheat fields in Delhi.
Local names: Piazi

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Asphodelus-fistulosus-Delhi-2.jpg
Asphodelus-fistulosus-Delhi-1.jpg

tanay bose

Oct 14, 2010, 10:47:19 PM10/14/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Nice catch thanks for sharing
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Oct 15, 2010, 9:58:56 AM10/15/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thanks Gurcharan Ji for showing this plant
This used to occur in abundance in our area but almost extinct

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

JM Garg

Mar 9, 2022, 2:32:50 AM3/9/22
to GurcharanSingh, efloraofindia
This is Asphodelus tenuifolius, as per images and details herein.
Asphodelus fistulosus L. does not have distribution in our area as per POWO and CoL.
Asphodelus-fistulosus-Delhi-2.jpg
Asphodelus-fistulosus-Delhi-1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 9, 2022, 4:20:31 AM3/9/22