Impatiens bicolor_RKC_030611

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jun 2, 2011, 10:48:09 PM6/2/11
to efloraofindia

Impatiens bicolor

Balsaminaceae

Loc.: On way to Churdhar, Himachal Pradesh, ca 1500 msl.

Date: August, 2010.

Regards,
Ritesh.
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0529.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 3, 2011, 12:57:45 AM6/3/11
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
I think yes, I. bicolor

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Wojciech

Apr 16, 2016, 12:39:21 PM4/16/16
to efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com
I don't think so.
I checked many pictures and descriptions. I. bicolor should be bicolored, rosa and yellow like here http://www.mrimpatiens.com/scripts/gallery.php?gallery=species&page=2&sort= (upper photo).
Lower photo is of African species, mentioned in my earlier post.
Best regards          Wojciech

Wojciech

Apr 16, 2016, 12:50:12 PM4/16/16
to efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com
Ooops... I pushed button to fast, not giving probable identification.
I suppose this plant, due rusty markings, shape of lateral petals and lower sepal is rosa form of I. devendrae.
Similar plants were depicted in several posts from western Himalaya.
In comparison with original description I don't see any other differences than more rosa colour.
Best regards            Wojciech

JM Garg

Apr 17, 2016, 12:02:04 AM4/17/16
to efloraofindia