Herb for id from Ooty 170211MK1

Muthu Karthick

Feb 17, 2011, 12:32:13 AM2/17/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to id this herb. Photographed on a private garden floor at Ooty, Nilgiris.

Date/Time-

24-01-2011 / 11:10 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.2200asl; Ooty, TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

garden floor

Plant Habit-

herb

Height/Length-

30 cm long

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

ca.5 x 3 cm;

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

single

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

c. 2.5 cm across

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

IMG_3623.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3525.JPG
IMG_3526.JPG
IMG_3545.JPG
IMG_3546.JPG

manudev madhavan

Feb 17, 2011, 2:00:30 AM2/17/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Could this be Oenothera rosea?
I had posted this species earlier for id
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

Prashant awale

Feb 17, 2011, 2:08:31 AM2/17/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Dear Muthu ji,
I think this one is Oenothera roseum ( Family: Onagraceae).
regards
Prashant

hari lal

Feb 17, 2011, 2:21:19 AM2/17/11
to Prashant awale, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
if nematodes present to confirm onagraceae because this is the
family character
hari shankar lal

On 2/17/11, Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Muthu ji,
> I think this one is Oenothera roseum ( Family: Onagraceae).
> regards
> Prashant
>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> Please help to id this herb. Photographed on a private garden floor at
>> Ooty, Nilgiris.
>>

>> *Date/Time-*

>> 24-01-2011 / 11:10 AM
>>

>> *Location- Place, Altitude, GP*
>>
>> ca.2200asl; Ooty, TN
>>
>> *Habitat-** Garden**/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>>
>> garden floor
>>
>> *Plant Habit-*
>> herb
>>
>> *Height/Length-*
>>
>> 30 cm long
>>
>> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*
>>
>> ca.5 x 3 cm;
>>
>> *Inflorescence Type/ Size-*
>>
>> single
>>
>> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>>
>> c. 2.5 cm across
>>
>> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *
>>
>> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 17, 2011, 2:44:26 AM2/17/11
to hari lal, Prashant awale, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Yes Oenothera rosea

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Muthu Karthick

Feb 17, 2011, 3:48:48 AM2/17/11
to Gurcharan Singh, hari lal, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
A reply from KottaiMuthuji -- It seems to be Oenothera sp. Please verify with Fyson's flora of south
Indian Hill station or Matthew's(1999) flora of Palni hills

Dear all,
many thanks for the identification.

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 17, 2011, 9:34:18 AM2/17/11
to Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh, hari lal, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Oenothera rosea
Family: Onagraceae
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Muthu Karthick

Mar 3, 2011, 5:41:43 AM3/3/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, hari lal, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear all,
many thanks for the identification of this herb.