resending again for id

arjun

May 7, 2011, 10:15:36 PM5/7/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
dear friends... sorry the sending too small photographs.... bear with my mistake.

The tree is in my farm in the location given below.

Thank you & regards

--
Best !

Arjun.

at village: Pishvi
taluka: Velhe
district: Pune
Maharashtra.
Pin : 412 212

+91 981 0448200
+91 940 4241901

Copy of Copy of tree for id1.jpg
Copy of tree for id.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 7, 2011, 10:21:57 PM5/7/11
to arjun, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Terminalia sp.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mahadeswara

May 9, 2011, 12:08:20 AM5/9/11
to efloraofindia
This could be most probably Terminalia bellerica. common name
Belleric myrobalan used in the preparation of 'triphala' - herbal
medicine.
>  Copy of Copy of tree for id1.jpg
> 77KViewDownload
>
>  Copy of tree for id.jpg
> 240KViewDownload

arjun

May 9, 2011, 6:13:30 AM5/9/11
to efloraofindia
Thanx every one for the responses..... shall i conclude it is
"behda" (Terminalia b or is it as Gurchanji said Terminalia sp,
'Though behda seems to be little more common in the adjoining forested
areas.

Thank you & regards to all

Mahadeswara

May 9, 2011, 11:31:23 PM5/9/11
to efloraofindia
The identity is revealed only when it fruits. Watch out for the
fruits.