Fern for ID : 170111 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 17, 2011, 10:33:28 AM1/17/11
to efloraofindia
This was taken at Sri Lanka during November, 2010.
Aarti
DSCN1028.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 17, 2011, 10:35:41 AM1/17/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Nephrolepis biserrata
Pankaj

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 9:03 PM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This was taken at Sri Lanka during November, 2010.
> Aarti

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 17, 2011, 10:38:31 AM1/17/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Nephrolepis biserrata var. furcans .
I am not sure if thats a variety of cultivar!!
Pankaj

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 17, 2011, 10:42:09 AM1/17/11
to Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Pankaj ji,
That was a very fast id indeed!
Thanks
Aarti

tanay bose

Jan 17, 2011, 11:54:57 AM1/17/11
to Aarti S. Khale, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Nephrolepis biserrata var. furcans indeed
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 18, 2011, 12:45:02 AM1/18/11
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tanay!
Aarti

On Jan 17, 8:54 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nephrolepis biserrata var. furcans indeed
> Tanay
>

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Dear Pankaj ji,
> > That was a very fast id indeed!
> > Thanks
> > Aarti
>

> > On 1/17/11, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Nephrolepis biserrata var. furcans .
> > > I am not sure if thats a variety of cultivar!!
> > > Pankaj

> > > --
> > > ***********************************************
> > > "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>
> > > Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> > > Research Associate
> > > Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
> > > Department of Habitat Ecology
> > > Wildlife Institute of India
> > > Post Box # 18
> > > Dehradun - 248001, India
>
> --

> *Tanay Bose*

> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca

> *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/- Hide quoted text -

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 17, 2019, 1:19:48 AM7/17/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Garg Ji,
Resurfacing my post of Nephrolepis Species from Sri Lanka.
This looks close to Alka Ji's recent post from Goa.
Nephrolepis biserrata var. furcans  was suggested by Pankaj Ji and Tanay.
Regards,
Aarti
DSCN1028.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 27, 2019, 2:18:03 AM7/27/19
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Alka
To me also appears close to Nephrolepis exaltata, cv. 'Bostoniensis' as identified by Chris ji in Alka ji's recent post from Goa.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

DSCN1028.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 27, 2019, 2:54:04 AM7/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka