Wildflower for identification

C. Susanth

Feb 24, 2011, 9:52:03 AM2/24/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends
Here I attached the image of a wildflower I taken from Shendurnty wildlife sanctuary druing my recent trip.The flower was seen in the secondory growth of evergreen forest.This flower is an endemic flower to Western Ghats(personal communication of my friend).Please identify the flower
with warm regards
susanth

--
C.Susanth passion on Nature
Prakriti,SNRA-20

Satish Phadke

Feb 24, 2011, 10:03:43 AM2/24/11
to C. Susanth, efloraofindia
This one appears to be Capparis rheedii.
Dr Phadke

tanay bose

Feb 24, 2011, 11:17:27 AM2/24/11
to Satish Phadke, C. Susanth, efloraofindia
I also think Capparis rheedii
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Bhatt Sweta

Feb 24, 2011, 11:48:43 AM2/24/11
to indiantreepix
sorry forgot the attachment.

hari lal

Feb 24, 2011, 12:17:01 PM2/24/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
i think also it is same
hari shankar lal

>>> --
>>> C.Susanth passion on Nature
>>> Prakriti,SNRA-20
>>> Indira Nagar,Peroorkada.P.O
>>> Thiruvananthapuram-695005,Kerala
>>> Phone : 0471-2437244
>>> Mobile : 09447699236
>>> Bond Your Heart with Nature. Nature gives you what You Wish!
>>>

>> --
>> C.Susanth passion on Nature
>> Prakriti,SNRA-20
>> Indira Nagar,Peroorkada.P.O
>> Thiruvananthapuram-695005,Kerala
>> Phone : 0471-2437244
>> Mobile : 09447699236
>> Bond Your Heart with Nature. Nature gives you what You Wish!
>>

> --

> *Bhatt Shweta*
> *Asso. Prof.,*
> TCSC,
> *Doctoral Research Student,*
> M.S.U.
>

> --
> *Bhatt Shweta*
> *Asso. Prof.,*
> TCSC,
> *Doctoral Research Student,*
> M.S.U.

C. Susanth

mani kandan

Feb 24, 2011, 10:21:32 AM2/24/11
to Satish Phadke, C. Susanth, efloraofindia
It is looking like Capparis zeylanica

mani

C. Susanth

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 24, 2011, 8:54:13 PM2/24/11
to efloraofindia
Plant posted here grows near streams in evergreen forests in western
ghats, it possibly can not grow in a garden in Mumbai. There are
several differences in the 2 plants besides just one similarity in a
colour patch on petals. This was discussed at length only recently.
Regards, Shrikant
>  wildflower.psd.jpg
> 195KViewDownload

Mayur Nandikar

Feb 25, 2011, 2:41:48 AM2/25/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Hello
As per my concern if the plant with axillary, solitary or rarely 2 to three flowers then it's...........
Capparis heyneana Wall. ex
Wight & Arn.
Prodromus Florae Peninsulae Indiae Orientalis 25. 1834
.
 or
Flowers strictly solitary then it might be...........................
Capparis zeylanica L.
Species Plantarum, Editio Secunda 1: 720. 1762.

--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,