SYMBIOSIS

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 17, 2011, 10:15:16 AM6/17/11
Dear Friend,
Attaching two images,
( a ) Redvented Bulbul/Antidesma Sp
( b )Common Pierrot butterfly/Santalum album( Chandan )
You may like these.
It is interesting to note that I have recorded as many as 37 butterfly on Chandan flowers.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942
Symbiosis 35.jpg
Symbiosis 36.jpg

raman

Jun 17, 2011, 11:14:36 AM6/17/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Very nice.

I see the flowers on Sandalwood tree in Bangalore.
I will watch for the butterflies next time.

Raman

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 19, 2011, 10:38:24 AM6/19/11
Dear Friend,
Glory lily is in bloom.Sending an image of Common Mormon butterfly ( Female ),on Glory Lily flower.You may like it.
Symbiosis 37.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 20, 2011, 9:53:09 AM6/20/11
Dear Friend,
Physalis minima ( LITTLE GOOSEBERRY )is in bloom now.This plant is known as PIPAT in Hindi.Today for the first time I saw a Common Bluebottle Butterfly on the flowers of this plant.Attaching an image of the same.
Symbiosis 38.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 21, 2011, 10:45:34 AM6/21/11
Dear Friend,
I was lucky to capture an image of male of Common Mormon butterfly on Hedychium aurantiacum.Attaching that image.
Symbiosis 39.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 23, 2011, 10:35:14 AM6/23/11
Dear Friend,
If there is a Chandan tree ( Santalum album )in your locality and you are having time for observation,interesting facts are waiting you.
I have recorded 37 species of butterflies on Chandan flowers.Other than Tailed Jay butterfly all other species sit on the flowers for hours together.At anytime of the day you will observe 6-7( minimum )species of butterfly on Chandan flower.Please try.Attaching an image of Glassy Tiger butterfly on flowers of Chandan.
Symbiosis 40.jpg

Col Bimal Sarkar

Jun 25, 2011, 10:05:19 AM6/25/11
Dear Friend,
If you want to observe butterfly, sitting in you garden,please plant some Ixora( preferably Red and White type ).I have recorded some 26 species of butterfly species visiting the flowers of Ixora.Attaching an image of a female of Great Orangetip butterfly on Ixora.
Symbiosis 41.jpg