Climber on the fence

1 view

Pudji Widodo

Jun 4, 2011, 12:03:33 PM6/4/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends,

Could you ID the species and family of a plant climbing on the fence
in Depok West Java please.
I have never seen this anywhere else. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

IMGP3547.JPG

Ushadi micromini

Jun 5, 2011, 9:10:50 AM6/5/11
to efloraofindia
Yes this is Quis quallis... which means what where...
beautiful flowers
comes in double petalled variety also....
I just bought a dwarf variety... very small leaves... 1/4th size or
even smaller than the original, and scant flowers....
NOW IT grows in INDIA< BURMA< USA ( Florida , Georgia, California
Nevada etc) .... all over... originally from Burma I think...
Usha di.

=======
>  IMGP3547.JPG
> 634KViewDownload

Pudji Widodo

Jun 5, 2011, 12:08:52 PM6/5/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Usha di

Thanks a lot.

Best Wishes
Pudji Widodo
Faculty of Biology Jenderal Soedirman University
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jun 5, 2011, 5:05:40 PM6/5/11
to efloraofindia
Very strange looking Quisqualis!! seems like a hybrid!!! or
polyploid!!
Pankaj

Ushadi micromini

Jun 5, 2011, 11:23:18 PM6/5/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo

Dear Pankaj ji: you are right ...

Yes, thanks for pointing it out...
when I looked at the flowers this morning again...THIS IS THE DOUBLE
PETALLED VARIETY .... I used to have one...
BUT ITS STILL QUIS QUALIS.... I have not seen one of the double
variety in calcutta gardens, only once in a while at special nurseries
or at the annual annual Hort garden show...

Usha di

ps I am waiting for my dwarf variety to blossom on my balcony this
summer, in the nursery it had 3 or 4 flowers.. which fell off the next
day before I could photograph them...

======