Monarch butterfly NYC and Caterpillar CA

ushadi Micromini

Aug 5, 2011, 6:25:33 AM8/5/11
to efloraofindia
Dear All:
Here's a Monarch butterfly on Buddelia daivdii... at NYBG in late summer or early fall of 2008
and  amonarch caterpillar on leaves of a milk weed (exact species do not recall, did not write it down)
 in an arboretum in southern california in winter 2005...

Buddelia bushes are very popular in the USA for anybody aspiring
to plant a garden to attract butterflies, for beauty, aesthetics,
bragging rights or plain old ecology...
and to help ma nature out...for no other purpose than pure unadulterated altruism....
Buddelias come in a myriad colors, most popular being violet and pink...

White buddelia is somewhat less often  to see in home yards...

Since early 1990s there are several books available that help people
plant and properly maintain
a butterfly garden in th4e various eco systems in the USA...
 I  have searched for similar books here, but to no avail...
nothing of real value turned up...  I did find on4e book ...
 but it was nothing but a badly written short snippets of information
copied from one of the american books...  bad show...

Our butterflies are different and their needs, habbits etc must be different...
and there must be a very huge regional difference...

If you know of pdfs or books or scientific papers on research done by legitimate
researchers, I shall appreciate   knowing the sources...
Thanks...
in the mean time enjoy...
Usha di

=====

Monarch butterfly caterpillar on milkweed with seedpod DSC00112 small crop name.jpg
Monarch butterfly on Milkweed leaf DSC00111 small crop name.jpg
Buddelia davidii with butterflies 006 SMALL croopped named.jpg

Mahadeswara

Aug 5, 2011, 8:28:35 AM8/5/11
to efloraofindia
Wonderfull.