Malvaceae week- Abutilon ranadei- PKA1

Prashant awale

Sep 6, 2011, 4:36:51 AM9/6/11
to indiantreepix

Dear Friends,
Bot. name: Abutilon ranadei

Family: Malvaceae

Date: 27-01-2010

Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Shrub
Location: @ "Gothane, Kundi Ghat".

Regards
Prashant

IMG_5236.jpg
IMG_5249.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 6, 2011, 5:04:18 AM9/6/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Great colour combination
Thanks for sharing Prashant ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Madhuri Raut

Sep 6, 2011, 5:53:57 AM9/6/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Beautiful . As my maiden surname is Ranade I was interested to know how this flower came to be known as Abutilon ranadei

On the net I found this interesting info by you. Thanks

Common name: Son Ghanta • Marathi: सोनघंटा Son Ghanta

Botanical name: Abutilon ranadei    Family: Malvaceae (Mallow family)

Son Ghanta is one of the critically endangered plant species of the Western Ghats. It is endemic and restricted to four districts of Maharashtra State. This endangered species was named after N. B. Ranade who was the keeper of the Herbarium at the College of Science, Pune, who died of the plague in 1897. It is a shrub 3-5 ft tall characterized by 2 inch long bell-like hanging golden yellow flowers. The five petals are 4 cm long, orange yellow, veined with purple. Stamens are united at the base into a tube 2.5 cm long. Styles are 5, longer than the stamens. Alternately arranged leaves, 10-20 cm long, are heart-shaped, long-pointed, with toothed margins. Fruit is 2 cm long, hairy and ribbed. Flowering: January-February.

Identification credit: Prashant Awale

Regards

Bhagyashri

Pinki

Sep 6, 2011, 6:06:15 AM9/6/11
to efloraofindia
Prashant Ji
It seems even nature likes to display some of its creations in a way
that they look so artificial....specifically the colour
combination.....

I thank you Madhuri ji also for the Info about the specific epithet
and the vulnerability of the species....

Alok

On Sep 6, 1:36 am, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> Bot. name: *Abutilon ranadei*
>
> Family: Malvaceae
>
> Date: 27-01-2010
>
> Habitat: Wild
> Plant Habit: Shrub
> Location: @ "Gothane, Kundi Ghat".
>
> Regards
> Prashant
>
>  IMG_5236.jpg
> 188KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5249.jpg
> 194KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

Sep 6, 2011, 8:54:27 AM9/6/11
to efloraofindia
Looks like colors of Indian flag..
for a few seconds I thought some one was pulling a fast one...
but you are on the up and up...

seriously???

Usha di
=======

Satish Phadke

Sep 6, 2011, 9:45:55 AM9/6/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Beautiful shots Prashant !!

Balkar Arya

Sep 6, 2011, 11:24:23 AM9/6/11
to Satish Phadke, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Abutilon ranadei the very much beautiful Malvaceae plant. many thanks for sharing Prashant Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Prashant awale

Sep 6, 2011, 1:17:58 PM9/6/11
to Balkar Arya, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Balkar ji, Satish ji, Sandhya ji, Usha di, Alok ji, Bhagyashree ji, Gurcharan Singh ji.
Regards
Prashant

H S

Sep 7, 2011, 2:13:03 AM9/7/11
to Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
this is one of the rare plant.. thanks for sharing..

thanks and regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone