Ceiba speciosa from Buenos Aires

Na Bha

Jan 12, 2011, 11:50:16 AM1/12/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
These fotos were taken between 27. and 30. March 2010 in Buenos Aires

The fruits in the following fotos
Ceiba speciosa-BA-P1030237.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6433.JPG

look different from these.
Ceiba speciosa-100_6217.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6218.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6219.JPG

They are not edible.

These trees are also called drunken trees because the trunk is big and looks many times like beer belly. I hope the Id is correct.
Nalini

Ceiba speciosa-BA-P1030237.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6217.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6218.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6219.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6433.JPG

tanay bose

Jan 12, 2011, 4:41:11 PM1/12/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice catch Thanks for sharing
indeed Ceiba speciosa
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 12, 2011, 7:41:08 PM1/12/11
to tanay bose, Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
In California it flowers in Sep-Oct., Oct-Nov in Delhi

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Na Bha

Jan 13, 2011, 6:37:23 AM1/13/11
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
yes, it flowers in autumn.

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2011, 1:52:50 AM4/25/11
to efloraofindia, nabha meghani, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

Ceiba speciosa-BA-P1030237.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6217.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6218.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6219.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6433.JPG

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Apr 26, 2011, 8:16:11 AM4/26/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, nabha meghani, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose
is it the same as corisia speciosa planted in large no. in Delhi?
ak

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Ushadi micromini

Apr 26, 2011, 9:33:38 AM4/26/11
to Na Bha, efloraofindia
Dear Nalini and All: Picture in number Ceiba
speciosa-100_6219.JPG seems not to belong to this series.......
fruits seem cicular round ball like, noit cylincrical, and leaves
margins are not smooth... mistake?

I have seen and photographed flowers of this this tree in Southern cal
in sept to nov... never seen fruits....
Thanks for showing the fruits, what was inside the fruits? I am
aking since some already have fallen on the ground...
thanks
Usha di.

>  Ceiba speciosa-BA-P1030237.JPG
> 139KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba speciosa-100_6217.JPG
> 145KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba speciosa-100_6218.JPG
> 92KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba speciosa-100_6219.JPG
> 51KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba speciosa-100_6433.JPG
> 113KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 26, 2011, 9:30:42 AM4/26/11
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, nabha meghani, tanay bose
Yes Anand ji, flowering in autumn in Delhi as well as in California