Cannabis sativa from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 23, 2010, 2:00:51 PM10/23/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
A casual survey of our databases revealed that although there is reference to Cannabis sativa in few threads but we don't have any photographs in our database. Similarly FOI has one photograph of twig with male inflorescence, but none with female branch (the source of charas, Hashish or bhang). I am uploading the same for the benefit of members.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Cannabis-sativa-male-Delhi-6.jpg
Cannabis-saliva-female-Delhi-1.jpg
Cannabis-sativa-female-Delhi-2.jpg
Cannabis-sativa-female-Delhi-3.jpg
Cannabis-sativa-female-Delhi-4.jpg
Cannabis-sativa-male-Delhi-5.jpg

tanay bose

Oct 23, 2010, 8:05:31 PM10/23/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Nice intoxicating catch Sirji
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

arjunan

Oct 24, 2010, 12:10:29 AM10/24/10
to efloraofindia
nice one sir !! Remembering college days !!

On Oct 24, 5:05 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice intoxicating catch Sirji
> Tanay
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > A casual survey of our databases revealed that although there is reference
> > to Cannabis sativa in few threads but we don't have any photographs in our
> > database. Similarly FOI has one photograph of twig with male inflorescence,
> > but none with female branch (the source of charas, Hashish or bhang). I am
> > uploading the same for the benefit of members.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*

Pudji Widodo

Dec 2, 2010, 6:56:51 AM12/2/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot for uploading those nice & important pictures. In Aceh
Sumatera there are a lot but, eradicated by burning.

Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi
Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTO 53122
INDONESIA

Pankaj Oudhia

Dec 2, 2010, 8:33:49 AM12/2/10
to efloraofindia
Hi Pudji,

Please see article in page 236 for interesting information on medicinal uses of Cannabis.

http://www.pankajoudhia.com/RA2.pdf

More interesting articles are available in

http://pankajoudhia.com

regards

Pankaj Oudhia