Mysore Flora - ID Request 031210-MS-3

M Swamy

Dec 5, 2010, 12:06:40 AM12/5/10
to efloraofindia
Dear All,
ID requested for a tree in Mysore city.  Photo taken on 3.12.10.  Location - near Hardinge Circle.  Medium sized tree in fruiting stage.
IMG_2008.JPG
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG

harithasandhya

Dec 5, 2010, 2:17:19 AM12/5/10
to efloraofindia
Polyalthia species?

Regards,
Sandhya
>  IMG_2008.JPG
> 302KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1974.JPG
> 330KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_2006.JPG
> 351KViewDownload

M Swamy

Dec 5, 2010, 6:17:04 AM12/5/10
to efloraofindia
Boswellia serrata

Dec 5, 2010, 7:54:25 AM12/5/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
In Lalbagh botanical garden, Bangalore, this tree is tagged as Amoora rohituca= Aphanamixes polystachia.

regards,

a.shivaprakash.

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 4:13 AM, M Swamy <swamy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Shivaprakash,
This is not Amoora sps.   This could be a Boswellia sps.I am sending you the picture of A.rohituka.
Dr. Mahadeswara Swamy

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:23 PM, shivaprakash adavanne <adav...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello,

Amoora rohituca = Aphanamixes polystachia

regards
a.shivaprakash

IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG

Vijayasankar

Dec 5, 2010, 4:49:21 PM12/5/10
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is Aphanamixis polystachya.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
Phone: +1 662 915 1018

Mahadeswara

Dec 5, 2010, 11:23:13 PM12/5/10
to efloraofindia, adava...@gmail.com
The pictures that you have attached are quite different from what I
have forwarded. Of course the photographs sent by you are Amoora. In
fact, I have seen plenty of Amoora speceis around my house. The
pictures that I have posted are quite different in nature except for
the compound leaves common to both Amoora and the one posted by me.

On Dec 5, 5:54 pm, shivaprakash adavanne <adava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In Lalbagh botanical garden, Bangalore, this tree is tagged as Amoora
> rohituca= Aphanamixes polystachia.
>
> regards,
>
> a.shivaprakash.
>
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 4:13 AM, M Swamy <swamy.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Shivaprakash,
> > This is not *Amoora s*ps.   This could be a *Boswellia* sps.I am sending
> > you the picture of *A.rohituka. *
> > Dr. Mahadeswara Swamy
>
> > On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:23 PM, shivaprakash adavanne <adava...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> hello,
>
> >> Amoora rohituca = Aphanamixes polystachia
>
> >> regards
> >> a.shivaprakash
>

>  IMG_1864.JPG
> 172KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1865.JPG
> 245KViewDownload

Senthilkumar

Dec 5, 2010, 11:58:58 PM12/5/10
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia, adava...@gmail.com
Dear All

I think AMOORA LAWII would be a correct name for Aphanamixis polystachya.

Regards
Senthilkumar U.
--
Senthilkumar U.
ATREE &

Mahadeswara

Dec 10, 2010, 7:17:31 AM12/10/10
to efloraofindia
This has a reference to Shivaprakash Adavanne's mail. The photographs
( Aphanamixes polystachia. sy. Amoora rohituka ) at Lalbagh ,
Bangalore are quite differet from the photos that I have sent for
identification. Request ID of the photographs sent by me.

On Dec 5, 5:54 pm, shivaprakash adavanne <adava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In Lalbagh botanical garden, Bangalore, this tree is tagged as Amoora
> rohituca= Aphanamixes polystachia.
>
> regards,
>
> a.shivaprakash.
>
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 4:13 AM, M Swamy <swamy.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Shivaprakash,
> > This is not *Amoora s*ps.   This could be a *Boswellia* sps.I am sending
> > you the picture of *A.rohituka. *
> > Dr. Mahadeswara Swamy
>
> > On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:23 PM, shivaprakash adavanne <adava...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> hello,
>
> >> Amoora rohituca = Aphanamixes polystachia
>
> >> regards
> >> a.shivaprakash
>

>  IMG_1864.JPG
> 172KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1865.JPG
> 245KViewDownload

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 10, 2010, 8:36:01 AM12/10/10
to M Swamy, efloraofindia
Aphanamixis polystachya ( Wall. ) R.Parker Indian Forester , lvii. 486. 1931

Basionym:
Aglaia polystachya Wall. Roxb. Fl. Ind., ed. Carey & Wall. ii. 429 (1824).

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

shivaprakash adavanne

Dec 10, 2010, 9:33:31 AM12/10/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I have few photos,

Regards
a.shivaprakash
Amoora rohituca lvs 1.JPG
Amoora rohituca lvs frt.JPG
Amoora rohituca rpd frt.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 10, 2010, 11:43:16 AM12/10/10
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the pics.
Amoora rohituca is synonym of Aphanamixis polystachya I assume.
Regards
Pankaj