DV :: 30MAR11 - 1228 :: near Abbi Falls

Dinesh Valke

Apr 14, 2011, 12:19:13 PM4/14/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
ID please

A shrub standing about 1.5 m tall (not sure if it grows to become a tree) on slopes of evergreen forest.

Date/Time
: March 30, 2011 at 12.28pm IST
Location Place : near Abbi Falls, Coorg, Karnataka ... 12.458508, 75.718272 on Google maps
Altitude : 3413 ft (above mean sea level)

Regards.
Dinesh
P1350933.JPG
P1350851.JPG
P1350852.JPG
P1350853.JPG

Satish Phadke

Apr 14, 2011, 2:00:55 PM4/14/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Wondering whether it can be Rauwolfia species......

Prashant awale

Apr 15, 2011, 1:30:41 AM4/15/11
to Satish Phadke, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Or could this be some Psychotria sp.
Regards
Prashant

Dinesh Valke

Apr 15, 2011, 3:28:50 AM4/15/11
to Prashant awale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Many thanks Satish ji, Prashant.
Psychotria seems more probable ... calling Shrikant ji for ID.

Regards.
Dinesh

shrikant ingalhalikar

Apr 15, 2011, 6:25:36 AM4/15/11
to efloraofindia
This would be Psychotria nigra (Gaeartn.) Alst. syn P. thwaitesii
Hook. The flowers are not open to show the characteristic reddish
browwn hairs but you can see them at the base. Other features also
tally. Regards, Shrikant

On Apr 15, 12:28 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks Satish ji, Prashant.
> *Psychotria* seems more probable ... calling Shrikant ji for ID.
>
> Regards.
> Dinesh
>

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Or could this be some Psychotria sp.
> > Regards
> > Prashant
>
> > On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Wondering whether it can be Rauwolfia species......

Dinesh Valke

Apr 15, 2011, 6:36:20 AM4/15/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Many many thanks for this ID, Shrikant ji.

J.M. Garg

Feb 1, 2013, 3:34:08 AM2/1/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Chasalia curviflora in view of discussions in another thread:
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 1, 2013, 3:53:36 AM2/1/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Tabish Qureshi, Giby Kuriakose
FOI has further taken it as Chassalia curviflora var. ophioxyloides as per link: