Ornamental Plant for ID : 150111 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 15, 2011, 1:03:40 AM1/15/11
to efloraofindia
This picture taken at Racca Nursery, Nasik, Maharashtra on the 3rd of
October,2010.
Aarti
P1100238.JPG

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jan 15, 2011, 2:45:38 AM1/15/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
some sp. of philodendron?
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 15, 2011, 2:49:45 AM1/15/11
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
There is a hybrid called Philodendron 'Prince of Orange'.... have a look.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Na Bha

Jan 15, 2011, 5:51:33 AM1/15/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
and what is the one behind?
the one with yellowish stripe in the middle?
Regards
Nalini

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 15, 2011, 5:54:07 AM1/15/11
to Na Bha, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I think that should be a Cordyline.
Pankaj

tanay bose

Jan 15, 2011, 10:03:59 AM1/15/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Na Bha, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia

Why the plant is red in colour as far as I know Philodendron 'Prince of Orange' has bright orange to dark orange coloured leaf. I think this plant is Philodendron erubescens and variety is called "Imperial red" or simply red leaf Philodendron.

Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Apr 27, 2011, 7:54:43 AM4/27/11
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Anand Kumar Bhatt, Aarti S. Khale, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Earlier relevant feedback:

“There is a hybrid called Philodendron 'Prince of Orange'.... have a look.”

“Why the plant is red in colour as far as I know Philodendron 'Prince of Orange' has bright orange to dark orange coloured leaf. I think this plant is Philodendron erubescens and variety is called "Imperial red" or simply red leaf Philodendron.
Tanay”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

P1100238.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2011, 6:13:43 AM8/12/11
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, mani....@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, jnur...@gmail.com, hsb...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, thegardener...@gmail.com, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Aarti S. Khale
Earlier relevant feedback:
“There is a hybrid called Philodendron 'Prince of Orange'.... have a look.”

“Why the plant is red in colour as far as I know Philodendron 'Prince of Orange' has bright orange to dark orange coloured leaf. I think this plant is Philodendron erubescens and variety is called "Imperial red" or simply red leaf Philodendron.
Tanay”

This picture taken at Racca Nursery, Nasik, Maharashtra on the 3rd of
October,2010.
Aarti

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

P1100238.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2011, 7:58:54 AM8/12/11
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, mani....@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, jnur...@gmail.com, hsb...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, thegardener...@gmail.com, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Aarti S. Khale
A reply:
"Philodendron sp. 'Prince of Orange'.." from Mahadeswara ji.