unid-TQ05

Tabish

Oct 15, 2010, 10:13:41 AM10/15/10
to indiantreepix
Another difficult Balsam for me
Photographed in Dhanaulti, Uttaranchal
2,300 m elevation
early October

Sorry for the quality of the picture - was taken at the fag end of the
day - light was low, batteries were exhausted.
Please identify
- Tabish
http://www.flowersofindia.net
The Waterhole of Flower Lovers

unid-TQ05.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Oct 16, 2010, 1:11:27 AM10/16/10
to efloraofindia
Tabishji can you pls give if the flower size including spur was bigger
or smaller than 2.5 cm. Regards, Shrikant
>  unid-TQ05.jpg
> 193KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 17, 2010, 2:37:31 PM10/17/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Perhaps fruit will help

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabish

Oct 26, 2010, 5:11:05 PM10/26/10
to efloraofindia
Sorry Shrikant ji,
I missed your post. Yes, as far as I remember, the flower, including
the spur was more than an inch. Normally I take one picture of the
flower with my finger or with a pen, but just forgot for this one, as
I was trying hard to take a decent picture in low light.
- Tabish

On Oct 16, 10:11 am, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 26, 2010, 5:55:23 PM10/26/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Impatiens laxiflora could be considered for evaluation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

shrikant ingalhalikar

Oct 26, 2010, 11:00:52 PM10/26/10
to efloraofindia
If the flowers are yellow, spotted with red, bigger than 2.5 cm, then
this would be I. falcifer. Regards, Shrikant

On Oct 27, 2:55 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Impatiens laxiflora could be considered for evaluation
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Tabish <tabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry Shrikant ji,
> >  I missed your post. Yes, as far as I remember, the flower, including
> > the spur was more than an inch. Normally I take one picture of the
> > flower with my finger or with a pen, but just forgot for this one, as
> > I was trying hard to take a decent picture in low light.
> >  - Tabish
>
> > On Oct 16, 10:11 am, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Tabishji can you pls give if the flower size including spur was bigger
> > > or smaller than 2.5 cm. Regards, Shrikant

Tabish

Oct 27, 2010, 3:56:07 AM10/27/10
to efloraofindia
Shrikant ji,
Impatiens falcifer it cannot be, because I. falcifer is uniquely
characterized by its strangely curved petals. Please see the pictures
in the following links:
http://www.mrimpatiens.com/scripts/gallery.php?gallery=species&image=Impatiens%20falcifer%202%20a.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10674076@N08/925457539/
Regards
- Tabish

On Oct 27, 8:00 am, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 9, 2010, 11:27:31 PM11/9/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Impatiens laxiflora perhaps

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Dec 6, 2010, 2:31:01 AM12/6/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Tabish, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Impatiens laxiflora perhaps

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

unid-TQ05.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 19, 2010, 9:36:42 PM12/19/10
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Impatiens laxiflora perhaps

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Apr 7, 2011, 6:08:17 AM4/7/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com
Some earlier relevant feedback:
Impatiens laxiflora perhaps
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

unid-TQ05.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 24, 2020, 10:46:17 AM12/24/20
to efloraofindia
Not I. laxiflora since leaves do not match.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 24, 2020, 11:34:04 AM12/24/20
to efloraofindia, Tabish, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

JM Garg

Dec 30, 2020, 2:41:43 AM12/30/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
unid-TQ05.jpg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2020, 3:48:16 AM12/30/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Tabish
Thanks a lot, Rajib ji.

Jun 25, 2021, 8:23:36 AM6/25/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Impatiens laxiflora ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 25, 2021, 8:24:22 AM6/25/21
to indiantreepix, Tabish Qureshi
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Impatiens laxiflora ?
Group discussion at

Jun 25, 2021, 12:12:35 PM6/25/21
to efloraindia, Tabish Qureshi
Expert has already suggested for dissection for ID !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2021, 7:13:26 AM7/2/21
to efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Tabish ji,
Could you identify it by now?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Jul 7, 2021, 2:21:42 AM7/7/21
to efloraofindia
Unfortunately not, Garg ji! With the limited images available, which aren't of a good quality, I don't think it is possible to pin it down. I will try to visit that area and capture it again, if I find it.
    Best wishes
    Tabish