Fruits & Vegetables ::Allium cepa Family Liliaceae.

Satish Phadke

Jan 4, 2011, 12:08:48 PM1/4/11
to indiantreepix
The flowers of Allium cepa. कांदा the prices of which skyrocketed recently due to shortage in production and losses due to excessive rain.
Dr Phadke
Allium cepa.jpg

Inderjeet Sethi

Jan 4, 2011, 12:26:05 PM1/4/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Sir, is this also Allium cepa or some other member of Liliaceae.

--
~ik~
Dr.Inderjeet Kaur Sethi

Dinesh Valke

Jan 4, 2011, 3:03:00 PM1/4/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke
... attaching photos of the onion plant cultivated at Rajguru Nagar, near Pune.

Please note Inderjeet ji's ID query is pending in this thread.

Regards.

4218627958_9c3be058ee_b.jpg
4217865747_0f683b44d2_b.jpg
4217866841_ecc46b7fa0_b.jpg

tanay bose

Jan 4, 2011, 3:07:00 PM1/4/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke
all this good vegetable are increasing my appetites this week
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 4, 2011, 3:35:56 PM1/4/11
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke
I think Inderjeet's plant is Allium cepa only

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jan 4, 2011, 3:38:54 PM1/4/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke
Yes I too believe the same
tanay

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 4, 2011, 3:47:56 PM1/4/11
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke
Here are mine for Allium cepa

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Allium-cepa-infl.jpg
Allium-cepa-pl.jpg
Allium-cepa-Brown onion-California-1.jpg
Allium-cepa-Red onion-California-1.jpg
Allium-cepa-White onion-California-1.jpg

tanay bose

Jan 4, 2011, 4:09:01 PM1/4/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke
Your onions are nice and fresh !!
Tanay

mani nair

Jan 6, 2011, 11:09:47 AM1/6/11
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke
Nice photo Satish ji and Gurcharan ji.  In Mumbai you will cry hearing the price of onion, even before cutting it.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

Jan 6, 2011, 11:25:34 AM1/6/11