Planting of Seeta Ashok (04.12.2010 NSJ)

Narendra Joshi

Dec 4, 2010, 2:50:47 AM12/4/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

I need information about planting of a Seeta Ashok (Saraca indica)
tree and availability of saplings in Mumbai. Most of the nursery
owners do not know about Seeta Ashok. They only know about the false
Ashok.

Thanks and regards

--
Narendra Joshi

Prashant awale

Dec 4, 2010, 3:10:41 AM12/4/10
to Narendra Joshi, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Narendra ji,
You can try with Go-Green Nursery near karnala (On Mumbai-Goa highway). I remember seeing this plant in this Nursery.
regards
Prashant

mani nair

Dec 4, 2010, 9:44:48 AM12/4/10
to Prashant awale, Narendra Joshi, indian...@googlegroups.com
I had four saplings with me, but I planted all in a nearby garden.   I collected the fallen seeds from below the Ashoka trees from Jijamata gardens, Byculla and sowed it in polythene bags.   Maharashtra Nature Park  (previously Mahim Nature Park) also sells the Ashoka saplings.  It is near to the Dharavi BEST depot.  It is a good nursery where you will get various medicinal plants.  Please try.

Regards,

Mani.

rajdeo singh

Dec 4, 2010, 9:32:29 PM12/4/10
to Narendra Joshi, indian...@googlegroups.com
Even Ranibag Nursery has a good number of saraca asoca samplings for sale.
please check it there.

Rajdeo Singh
St. Xavier's College,
Mumbai