DV - 26AUG10 - 0933 :: Tableland Pimpinella

Dinesh Valke

Sep 22, 2010, 2:24:15 PM9/22/10
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
ID please.

Date/Time
: August 26, 2010 at 9.33am IST
Location Place : Panchagani tableland
Altitude : about 1296 m (above mean sea level)
GPS : around 17°55'41.65"N, 73°48'53.02"E

Habitat : tableland
Type : rocky area

Plant
Habit
: erect herb
Height : about 30 - 40 cm
Length : - not a climber -

Leaves ... please correct me if wrongly described.
Type
: ¿ compund ? ... ¿ cleft ? margin, oppositely arranged.
Shape : ... please help here in letting know the shape.
Size : about 4 - 5 cm x 2.5 - 3 cm

Inflorescence
Type
: umbel, terminal
Size : about 5 cm across

Flowers
Size
: about 1 mm
Colour : white
Calyx : do not know
Bracts : - no bracts -

Fruits
Type
: do not know
Shape : do not know
Size : do not know
Seeds : do not know

Other Info
Fragrance : do not know
Pollinator : do not know
Uses : do not know

Regards.
P1240490_cropped.jpg
P1240486.jpg
P1240487.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 23, 2010, 10:36:23 AM9/23/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
May be a sp. of Apium
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 23, 2010, 10:49:59 AM9/23/10
to Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Or Pimpinella tomenotsa of Apiaceae....
--
Bhatt Shweta
Asso. Prof.,

Dinesh Valke

Sep 23, 2010, 11:25:11 AM9/23/10
to Bhatt Sweta, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Many thanks Balkar ji and Shweta ji for tentative IDs.

Shweta ji, am under the impression that Pimpinella tomentosa is an erect herb ... this one in the post is almost like a ground cover ... would such variation occur in P. tomentosa due to habitat ?

Regards.

J.M. Garg

Oct 20, 2010, 12:54:37 AM10/20/10
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, Bhatt Sweta, Nayan Singh, Aparna Watve, chile...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“May be a sp. of Apium
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh”

Or Pimpinella tomenotsa of Apiaceae....
Bhatt Shweta”

"Many thanks Balkar ji and Shweta ji for tentative IDs.
Shweta ji, am under the impression that Pimpinella tomentosa is an erect herb ... this one in the post is almost like a ground cover ... would such variation occur in P. tomentosa due to habitat ?"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

P1240490_cropped.jpg
P1240486.jpg
P1240487.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 20, 2010, 10:08:09 PM11/20/10
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Bhatt Sweta
Some earlier relevant feedback:
“May be a sp. of Apium
--
Regards
Dr Balkar Singh”

“Or Pimpinella tomenotsa of Apiaceae....
Bhatt Shweta”

"Many thanks Balkar ji and Shweta ji for tentative IDs.
Shweta ji, am under the impression that Pimpinella tomentosa is an erect herb ... this one in the post is almost like a ground cover ... would such variation occur in P. tomentosa due to habitat ?"   Dinesh Valke

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor