efloraofindia:''For Id 28092011MR3’’ ?Bamboo Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 28, 2011, 12:23:11 AM9/28/11
to efloraofindia

Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Private garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Bamboo

Height/Length- about 8 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-Green

Regards

Bhagyashri

270920112056.jpg
270920112057.jpg
270920112058.jpg
270920112059.jpg

hari lal

Sep 28, 2011, 12:33:49 AM9/28/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Denderocalamus striata or pila bans
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Tanay Bose

Sep 28, 2011, 12:34:13 AM9/28/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Possibly Bambusa vulgaris var
 Yellow bamboo.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Prabhu kumar KM

Sep 28, 2011, 1:27:17 AM9/28/11
to Tanay Bose, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia

I also think Bambusa striata--

Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist
Plant Systematics & Genetic Resources Division
Centre for Medicinal Plant Research (CMPR)
& 'CMPR' Herbarium
Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala
Kottakkal, Malappuram

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 28, 2011, 1:31:16 AM9/28/11
to efloraofindia
It should either be Phyllostachys aurea or Bambusa vulgaris var.
striata.
Commonly called as the Golden Bamboo.
Pankaj

On Sep 28, 1:27 pm, Prabhu kumar KM <prabhumkris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also think *Bambusa **striata*--
>
> *Prabhu Kumar K M*
> Scientist
> Plant Systematics & Genetic Resources Division
> Centre for Medicinal Plant Research (CMPR)
> & 'CMPR' Herbarium
> Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala
> Kottakkal, Malappuram
> *E-mail: prabhumkris...@gmail.com*

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 28, 2011, 3:20:14 AM9/28/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I agree with Pankaj and would like to narrow down to Bambusa vulgaris var.
striata

I think the laves of Phyllostachys aurea are smaller.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Samir Mehta

Sep 28, 2011, 3:47:11 AM9/28/11
to efloraofindia
Giby ji / Pankaj ji / Bhagyashri ji,

Bambusa vulgaris var. striata looks good.

Regards,

Samir Mehta

On Sep 28, 12:20 pm, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Pankaj and would like to narrow down to* Bambusa vulgaris* var.
> *striata*.
>
> I think the laves of *Phyllostachys aurea *are smaller.
>
> Regards,
> Giby

H S

Sep 28, 2011, 4:04:54 AM9/28/11
to Samir Mehta, efloraofindia
yes even i go with Bambusa vulgaris var. striata
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Balkar Arya

Sep 28, 2011, 11:12:08 AM9/28/11
to H S, Samir Mehta, efloraofindia
Bambusa vulgaris var. striata Ok
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Sep 28, 2011, 12:21:05 PM9/28/11
to Balkar Arya, H S, Samir Mehta, efloraofindia
Thank you all for Id
Regards
Bhagyashri