efloraofindia:''For Id 05092011MR2’’ Resurfacing again for id ?Pentas Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 5, 2011, 1:54:09 AM9/5/11
to efloraofindia

Resurfacing again for id

Prior Identification by Hari Lalji        Ixora sp

When I got it from the nursery they said it is Pentas

Date/Time- Sep 2011

Location- Pune

Habitat- Garden

Plant Habit- Plant

Height/Length- about 2 feet

Leaves  Green

Flowers  White

Fruits   Not seen

A lot of wasps seen feeding on the flowers

Regards

Bhagyashri

050920111622.jpg
050920111623.jpg
050920111624.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Sep 5, 2011, 2:01:35 AM9/5/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
looks like pentas

Satish Phadke

Sep 5, 2011, 9:38:36 AM9/5/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes Pentas..

Madhuri Raut

Sep 5, 2011, 11:15:20 AM9/5/11
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thank you Ajinkyaji and Dr Phadke
Regards
Bhagyashri

Balkar Arya

Sep 5, 2011, 8:30:25 PM9/5/11
to Madhuri Raut, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Yes Pentas lanceolata
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Sep 5, 2011, 10:38:19 PM9/5/11
to Balkar Arya, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkarji. So is this

Pentas lanceolata 'Graffiti White'

Regards
Bhagyashri

Balkar Arya

Sep 6, 2011, 9:56:36 AM9/6/11
to Madhuri Raut, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
I think Yes

hemant

Sep 6, 2011, 8:20:42 PM9/6/11
to efloraofindia
It is pentas in white. There are two types,one normal grows upto 3'-4'
and with spreading habit and another dwarf grows upto 1.5'to 2' with
compact habit.Both have white,pink and red flowers. commonly grown in
little drier climate.in pune all shades and both the types are
available in most of the nurseries.nice plant for balcanies or home
gardens as well landscaped large gardens.
Regards
Hemant Bedekar
Ex-chief horticulturist reliance group.
Talegaon Pune.

On Sep 6, 6:56 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Yes
>

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you Balkarji. So is this  *Pentas lanceolata 'Graffiti White'*
> > *Regards*
> > *Bhagyashri*
>
> > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Yes Pentas lanceolata

Madhuri Raut

Sep 6, 2011, 10:55:04 PM9/6/11
to hemant, efloraofindia
Thank you Hemantji
Regards
Bhagyashri

Bhagyashri

Feb 16, 2012, 11:20:48 AM2/16/12
to hemant, efloraofindia
I have resurfaced this plant for Id as a separate thread by mistake
The link to the original post is
Hari lal ji this is a exora sps
Satish ji I can't think of any other species than Pentas..
--
Regards
Bhagyashri