Another tree for ID

rohit chakravarty

Jul 12, 2010, 10:47:56 AM7/12/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
            Please help with the ID of this tree clicked at Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Navi Mumbai on 11th July. Apologies for not taking pics of the leaves and bark.

Regards,
Rohit

--
Rohit Chakravarty,
http://www.mywilddiary.blogspot.com/

R. Vijayasankar

Jul 12, 2010, 11:20:57 AM7/12/10
to rohit chakravarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
Casearia species!?

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Jul 12, 2010, 12:47:11 PM7/12/10
to R. Vijayasankar, rohit chakravarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
Casearia corymbosa  I the call from em !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Neil Soares

Jul 12, 2010, 1:20:53 PM7/12/10
to rohit chakravarty, R. Vijayasankar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Agree with Dr.Vijayasankar. It is a Casearia sp. Have plenty of Casearia esculenta [now C.ovata] trees on my property. The local names are Kirmira or Kulkulta. Sending a few photographs.
                   With regards,
                     Neil Soares.

--- On Mon, 7/12/10, R. Vijayasankar <vijay.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
Casearia ovata, Kirmira, Kulkulta fruiting 1.jpg
Casearia ovata, Kirmira, Kulkulta fruiting 2.jpg
Jewel Bugs on Casearia ovata fruit 1.jpg
Jewel Bugs on Caesaria ovata fruit 2.jpg
A Jewel Bug on Casearia ovata fruit 1.jpg
A Jewel Bug on Casearia ovata fruit 2.jpg

rohit chakravarty

Jul 13, 2010, 12:22:10 PM7/13/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for helping with the ID! :)

Regards,
Rohit

JM Garg

Jul 13, 2020, 4:14:54 AM7/13/20
to efloraofindia, rohit...@gmail.com, Neil Soares
May be Casearia graveolens as per images and details herein.
Plant ID 2- fruit.JPG

JM Garg

Jul 13, 2020, 4:20:46 AM7/13/20
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares
Casearia graveolens (syn. Casearia ovata (Lam.) Willd.) as per images and details herein.
Casearia zeylanica (Casearia esculenta Roxb.) is different as per images and details herein.