Ficus palmata in Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 2, 2010, 11:14:51 PM8/2/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Ficus palmata in Kashmir, often self sown and found less commonly in Kashmir, though more common in Delhi, Jammu & Punjab. Interestingly the leaves are mostly unlobed in majority of specimens I have seen in our areas, that is the strange irony of plant naming. Photgraphed from Balgarden, Srinagar on June 17, 2010.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ficus-palmata-Kashmir-a.jpg
Ficus-palmata-Kashmir-b.jpg
Ficus-palmata-Kashmir-c.jpg
Ficus-palmata-Kashmir-d.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 5, 2010, 2:32:37 AM8/5/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
never seen this before
thanks for adding sir ji
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 5, 2010, 2:37:26 AM8/5/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
welcome back Tanay

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 5, 2010, 3:32:49 AM8/5/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
This is Ficus palmata indeed, but I imagine what is palmate in it to
be called so!! I had a discussion on this plant recently with Dr.
Jatinder on the same issue. Could reach to any conclusion.
Pankaj

tanay bose

Aug 5, 2010, 3:50:24 AM8/5/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thanks Sirji
tabay

Balkar Arya

Aug 13, 2011, 7:21:42 AM8/13/11
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Here are mines from Munak Road Karnal (228Mts)
This plant was a shrub there having fruits
I think this is also Ficus palmata
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Ficus palmata (1).JPG
Ficus palmata (2).JPG
Ficus palmata (3).JPG
Ficus palmata (4).JPG

Ushadi micromini

Aug 14, 2011, 2:03:19 AM8/14/11
to efloraofindia
never even dreamt that a ficus would be a shrubby thing...
if I dreamt it... I would have googled it...
but...
THANKS for New ... klearnign
Usha di
++++++

On Aug 13, 4:21 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are mines from Munak Road Karnal (228Mts)
> This plant was a shrub there having fruits
> I think this is also Ficus palmata
>

> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:20 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Sirji
> > tabay
>
> > On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> welcome back Tanay
>
> >> --
>
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

>  Ficus palmata (1).JPG
> 207KViewDownload
>
>  Ficus palmata (2).JPG
> 144KViewDownload
>
>  Ficus palmata (3).JPG
> 252KViewDownload
>
>  Ficus palmata (4).JPG
> 212KViewDownload

JM Garg

Feb 18, 2018, 11:24:36 AM2/18/18
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Balkar Arya
Taking it as Ficus palmata subsp. virgata Browicz as this subspecies only is list for India in latest publication under Synopsis of the Genus Ficus L. (Moraceae) in India Lal Babu Chaudhary*, Jana Venkata Sudhakar, Anoop Kumar, Omesh Bajpai, Rinkey Tiwari and G. V. S. Murthy in Taiwania, 57(2): 193-216, 2012.
Ficus-palmata-Kashmir-a.jpg
Ficus-palmata-Kashmir-b.jpg
Ficus-palmata-Kashmir-c.jpg
Ficus-palmata-Kashmir-d.jpg