Plant for ID

mayur nandikar

Sep 30, 2009, 9:32:41 AM9/30/09
to indiantreepix
Respected all,
I have confusion with this Plant Murdannia ??? (Commelinaceae)
Some of the Morphological charachters shows smillarities with
Murdannia pauciflora Wight. But there is an confusion with bearded
fertile filaments and habit.
On the other hand the same species cosidered by Rolla Rao and
Kammathy as a Murdannia wightii having glbrous filaments and blue
coloured flowers.
I also search original citation of Robert Wight but it couldn't
match with that.
So anyone can having information about above plant then please reply.
If it is possible then help me out by providing the original citation
M. pauciflora (Wt.) G. Brukner in Engl. & Prantl. Pflanzwenfam. ed. 2.
15a: 173. 1930.
M. wightii Rao & Kammathy, Notes Roy. Bot. Gard. Edinburg 25 (2): 184. 1964.

Thank you in advance.

You have been sent 1 picture.

P9261893.JPG

P9261893.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 25, 2009, 11:00:17 AM10/25/09
to indiantreepix, mayur nandikar, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman, satish pardeshi

Forwarding again for any assistance pl. in the matter.

P9261893.JPG

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 25, 2009, 12:03:33 PM10/25/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, mayur nandikar, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Vijayasankar Raman, satish pardeshi
Seems to be Murdannia sp. nothing more to add now!!

Santhosh

2009/10/25 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar
Tropical BOtanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2011, 6:44:02 AM9/10/11
to indiantreepix, mayur nandikar, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman, satish pardeshi
A reply from Mayur ji:
"Murdannia brownii"

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)