A book on a new industrial model based on trees

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 26, 2009, 1:37:14 AM4/26/09
to indiantreepix
Thought it may be of interest to this list.

A tree produces thousands of blossoms in order to create another tree, yet we do not consider its abundance wasteful but safe, beautiful, and highly effective; hence, "waste equals food" is the first principle the book sets forth. Products might be designed so that, after their useful life, they provide nourishment for something new-either as "biological nutrients" that safely re-enter the environment or as "technical nutrients" that circulate within closed-loop industrial cycles, without being "downcycled" into low-grade uses (as most "recyclables" now are).

Cradle to cradle By William McDonough, Michael Braungart

Yazdy Palia

Apr 26, 2009, 3:00:35 AM4/26/09
to Rakesh Biswas, indiantreepix
Well said Mr. Biswas.
Regards
Yazdy.

vivekmail

Apr 26, 2009, 9:10:06 PM4/26/09
to Indiantreepix
a tree does not depend on others for nourishment, water, vitamins, illness
and so on. if that doesn't happen it dies.mother nature is a bitch.

rashida atthar

Apr 26, 2009, 9:47:06 AM4/26/09
to rakesh...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Rakesh ji for information about this different type of a book related to trees. May I request for the publisher's name please, and the year of publication.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 11:07:14 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:11151] A book on a new industrial model based on trees
From: rakesh...@gmail.com
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

Sangeeta Swami

Apr 26, 2009, 10:23:28 AM4/26/09
to vivekmail, Indiantreepix
I fail to understand your real meaning. What does it mean 'a tree does not depend on others.....' and then 'mother nature is a bitch'

Every thing is connected with every thing in the world. Mother Nature is the God's manifestation - himself or herself. I am not talking of Quantum Therory, even a primary student can understand that  "vriksh kabhi nahi phal bhakhain, nadi na sanchai neer / par karaj ke karne sadhu dharain shareer" (English version : Trees never eat their own fruits, rivers do not collect water for their future security - they do it for others;  similarly saintly people live in this world for the welfare of others'

There is a vast Yagya going on in the universe... sun does not shine for itself, air does not flow for itself, water does not exist for itself, earth does not exist for iself and space does not exist for itself.... these all are performing a cosmic Yagya. Sadly, this is a man who does everything for himself and not for others.

Sorry for using 'non-tree' material on this list, but I felt a bit heart at 'mother nature is a bitch'

Sangeeta

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 26, 2009, 11:01:22 AM4/26/09
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Cradle to cradle: remaking the way we make things
By William McDonough, Michael Braungart
Edition: illustrated
Published by North Point Press, 2002
ISBN 0865475873, 9780865475878
193 pages

warm regards,

rakesh

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 26, 2009, 11:02:51 AM4/26/09
to Sangeeta Swami, Indiantreepix
I agree with you Sangeeta. I am not sure what Vivek meant. Perhaps he should clarify.

warm regards,

rakesh

Dinesh Valke

Apr 26, 2009, 11:04:51 AM4/26/09
to vivekmail, Indiantreepix
... Vivek, refrain from posting personal ill-feelings ... Get well soon.
Regards.

Yazdy Palia

Apr 26, 2009, 3:06:17 PM4/26/09
to Dinesh Valke, vivekmail, Indiantreepix
Vivek's utterance to me is blasphemy.
Regards
Yazdy.

rashida atthar

Apr 26, 2009, 3:09:35 PM4/26/09
to rakesh...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou Rakesh ji for the details.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:31:22 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:11172] Re: A book on a new industrial model based on trees
From: rakesh...@gmail.com
To: rashid...@hotmail.com
CC: indian...@googlegroups.com

purnim...@priyaentertainments.com

Apr 26, 2009, 9:32:34 PM4/26/09
to Dinesh Valke, vivekmail, Indiantreepix

You are absolutely right. Vivek needs help !!! We would appreciate if
such statements are not mailed in future.

Purnima Dutta

J.M. Garg

Apr 27, 2009, 1:00:44 AM4/27/09
to purnim...@priyaentertainments.com, Dinesh Valke, vivekmail, Indiantreepix
Let us not use harsh words for anybody on this forum.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 27, 2009, 1:19:52 AM4/27/09
to purnim...@priyaentertainments.com, Dinesh Valke, vivekmail, Indiantreepix
This topic is closed for further views or discussions.