erythrina indica

Mohina Macker

Dec 25, 2010, 2:44:38 AM12/25/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
erythrina indica tree and a detail of the bark. it is growing near the village of zirad, alibaug
regards
mohina macker
erythrina indica 2 a.jpg
erythrina indica 4 aa.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 25, 2010, 3:04:35 AM12/25/10
to Mohina Macker, indian...@googlegroups.com
I imagine, this doesnt look like Erythrina to me.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

mani nair

Dec 25, 2010, 3:25:43 AM12/25/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Mohina Macker, indian...@googlegroups.com
I also think this is not erythrina indica as the leaf shape is not matching with that of erythrina indica.
Regards,
Mani.

Mahadeswara

Dec 25, 2010, 6:40:33 AM12/25/10
to efloraofindia
Certainly not E.indica . Probably while uploading the photographs
this could have happened. You may send the correct photographs.
Nevertheless, the photograph of the bark is very nice, despite being
some other species.

On Dec 25, 1:25 pm, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also think this is not erythrina indica as the leaf shape is not matching
> with that of erythrina indica.
> Regards,
> Mani.
>
> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > I imagine, this doesnt look like Erythrina to me.
> > Pankaj
>
> > On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Mohina Macker <mohinamac...@gmail.com>

Mohina Macker

Dec 26, 2010, 2:45:45 AM12/26/10
to mani nair, Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
it is an erythrina tree without leaf, the foliage seen around it belongs to other neighbouring trees. i will try and dig out a photograph of the foliage taken a couple of months ago and send it larer
regards
mohina macker

deshmukh

Dec 26, 2010, 7:15:33 AM12/26/10
to efloraofindia
i agree it is not erythrina even branching is not matching.
regards
suchita

On Dec 26, 2:45 am, Mohina Macker <mohinamac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it is an erythrina tree without leaf, the foliage seen around it belongs to
> other neighbouring trees. i will try and dig out a photograph of the foliage
> taken a couple of months ago and send it larer
> regards
> mohina macker
>

> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I also think this is not erythrina indica as the leaf shape is not matching
> > with that of erythrina indica.
> > Regards,
> > Mani.
>
> > On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> I imagine, this doesnt look like Erythrina to me.
> >> Pankaj

> >> --
> >> ***********************************************
> >> "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>
> >> Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> >> Research Associate
> >> Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
> >> Department of Habitat Ecology
> >> Wildlife Institute of India
> >> Post Box # 18
> >> Dehradun - 248001, India- Hide quoted text -

Rashida Atthar

Dec 26, 2010, 8:08:21 AM12/26/10
to deshmukh, efloraofindia
I think Mohina ji is correct. If you look at the leafless trunk and branches in the first picture, the grayish greenish vertical lines,colour of the bark and some prickles on the bark  is indicative of Erythrina sp.

regards,
Rashida.

Yazdy Palia

Dec 26, 2010, 9:24:33 AM12/26/10
to Rashida Atthar, deshmukh, efloraofindia
The not so smooth surface of the stem and branches creates a doubt in
my mind otherwise, I would think it is Venteak or Lagerstroemia
microcarpa. The leaves certainly does not look like Erithrina Indica.
If we had pictures of the seeds, we could be able to make up our mind.
Regards
Yazdy.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 17, 2011, 9:27:22 PM1/17/11
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, mani nair, Mahadeswara, Rashida Atthar, Yazdy Palia
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Pankaj ji...............................................I imagine, this doesnt look like Erythrina to me.

Mani ji.................................................I also think this is not erythrina indica as the leaf shape is not matching with that of erythrina indica.

Mahadeswara ji........................................Certainly not E.indica .  Probably while uploading the photographs this could have happened.  You may send the correct photographs. Nevertheless, the photograph of the bark is very nice, despite being
some other species.

Mohina ji............................................it is an erythrina tree without leaf, the foliage seen around it belongs to other neighbouring trees. i will try and dig out a photograph of the foliage taken a couple of months ago and send it larer

Deshmukh ji........................................i agree it is not erythrina even branching is not matching.

Rashida ji............................................I think Mohina ji is correct. If you look at the leafless trunk and branches in the first picture, the grayish greenish vertical lines,colour of the bark and some prickles on the bark  is indicative of Erythrina sp.

Yazdy ji..............................................The not so smooth surface of the stem and branches creates a doubt in
my mind otherwise, I would think it is Venteak or Lagerstroemia microcarpa. The leaves certainly does not look like Erithrina Indica.
If we had pictures of the seeds, we could be able to make up our mind.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor