Cactus Flowers - Sudhagad

Rahul Natu

Mar 30, 2009, 6:54:58 AM3/30/09
to indiantreepix, wildflower
Clicked on Mar 28 at Sudhagad near Pali ( Dist raigad )

--
Regards,
- Rahul Natu

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahulnatu
Cactus_flower.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 30, 2009, 9:09:31 AM3/30/09
to Rahul Natu, indiantreepix, wildflower
... am I correct if I say these are fruits.

And the plant is ¿ Euphorbia antiquorum, the square spurge ?
Please wait for others' comments.

Regards.

sibdas

Mar 30, 2009, 10:49:28 AM3/30/09
to indiantreepix
Yes it seems to be the trilocular fruits of Euphorbia antiquorum
On Mar 30, 6:09 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... am I correct if I say these are fruits.
>
> And the plant is ¿ *Euphorbia antiquorum*, the square spurge ?
> Please wait for others' comments.
>
> Regards.
>

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Rahul Natu <gogreenf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Clicked on Mar 28 at Sudhagad near Pali ( Dist raigad )
>
> > --
> > Regards,
> > - Rahul Natu
> > RIM # 93225-97788
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.com/rahulnatu- Hide quoted text -

satish phadke

Mar 30, 2009, 11:10:38 AM3/30/09
to Rahul Natu, indiantreepix, wildflower
These can not be flowers of E. antiquorum as they are not trimerous but wth five petals; red with bifid visible style.  These can be fruits as suggested by others because the season also corresponds properly i.e. few weeks after observation of flowers in same territory (Western ghats)
Satish

2009/3/30 Rahul Natu <gogre...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dinesh Valke

Mar 30, 2009, 1:05:13 PM3/30/09
to satish phadke, Rahul Natu, indiantreepix, wildflower, devendra...@yahoo.com

Devendra Bhardwaj ji writes: ***************************************************************************
Hello,
  I think It is  Euphorbia neriifolia   .local name Danda Thor .It use as live hedge fencing.
Devendra Bhardwaj
 *************************************************************************************************************

Friends to validate his thoughts; to clarify whether these two species are confusingly close.

Regards.

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2009, 3:28:14 AM4/5/09
to Dinesh Valke, satish phadke, Rahul Natu, indiantreepix, devendra...@yahoo.com
Here is another reply:
"Hi,

The plant looks like Euphorbia antiquorum. In hindi known as Tidhara and tridhari in marathi.

regards,
noorie"

Padmanabhan Geetha

Apr 6, 2009, 8:14:35 AM4/6/09
to Dinesh Valke, satish phadke, Rahul Natu, indiantreepix, wildflower, devendra...@yahoo.com
Dear experts
I had sent this earlier and it was identified as Euphorbia. Is this the same as the one featured here for discussion?
best wishes
geetha
Xerophyte for id.jpg
Xerophyte for id plant.jpg