Plumbaginaceae: Plumbago indica L.

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 15, 2011, 9:07:45 AM2/15/11
to indiantreepix
Plumbago indica L. Herb. Amboin. (Linn.) 24. 1754.

Synonym:
Plumbago rosea L. Sp. Pl., ed. 2. 1: 215. 1762. nom. illeg.

Family: Plumbaginaceae
Lectotype = "Radix Vesicatoria" in Rumphius, Herb. Amboin., 5: 453, t. 168, 1747

1. Image of plant
2. Protologue - Radix Vesicatoria Herb. Amboin., 5: 453
3. Lectotype - Herb. Amboin., t. 168

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Slide130.JPG
PROTOLOGUE PLUMBAGO INDICA 453.jpg
LECTOTYPE PLUMBAGO INDICA T 168.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 15, 2011, 9:29:19 AM2/15/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Thanks Pankaj ji for another Plumbago, I had not seen.
Great to see the protologue and lectotype

With these additions I think our database should become a unique resource for Indian Flora. You are a great asset to the group.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 15, 2011, 9:39:33 AM2/15/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot for your comment. I am quite touched.
Regards
Pankaj

Vijayadas D

Feb 15, 2011, 12:01:20 PM2/15/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
P.rosea and P. indica are same or not ?
--
Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 15, 2011, 12:02:19 PM2/15/11
to Vijayadas D, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Yes they are synonyms. I have given that information in my mail.
Regards
Pankaj

Vijayadas D

Feb 15, 2011, 12:10:12 PM2/15/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks.

Pravin Kawale

Feb 15, 2011, 12:39:22 PM2/15/11
to Vijayadas D, Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Hi,
Closer look of the same
Regards
--
Pravin
Plumbago indica 2.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 15, 2011, 12:40:36 PM2/15/11
to Pravin Kawale, Vijayadas D, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing sir.
Pankaj

Na Bha

Feb 15, 2011, 12:48:42 PM2/15/11
to Pravin Kawale, Vijayadas D, Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Pravin ji,
just beautiful. Very beautiful color and very good foto.

Vijayasankar

Feb 15, 2011, 12:45:09 PM2/15/11
to Na Bha, Pravin Kawale, Vijayadas D, Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Nice pictures, Pravin ji.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Prashant awale

Feb 15, 2011, 12:51:31 PM2/15/11
to Pravin Kawale, Vijayadas D, Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thought of sharing my finds as well. Do have a look.
regards
Prashant

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Pravin Kawale <kawale...@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_1855.jpg
IMG_1856.jpg
IMG_1857.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 15, 2011, 12:54:01 PM2/15/11
to Prashant awale, Pravin Kawale, Vijayadas D, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Today is the Plumbago day!!! :))
Thanks for sharing.
Pankaj