OT : Schoolpartnership bet. german and indian primary school

1 view

Na Bha

May 15, 2011, 12:55:49 PM5/15/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hallo all,
before easter I finished a project called "we are children of one world" in a primary school in Bremen. 18 Pupils in third standard (age 9 till 11) took part. Their parents come from Turkey, Kasakstan, USA......and the children, though speaking fluent german speak at home the mothertongue of their mothers. I gave them some information about india. We did indian cooking, discussed what games children play in india and how many languages we have etc.etc. I have now another project in another school. The "old" pupils and their teacher have requested me to establish a contact with children (age 9 till 11) of an indian primary school, preferably a school from Pune, as Pune and Bremen are sistercities.

I think in this group there are people with children / grandchildren of that age and perhaps the school will like to have partnership with the Bremen-school.
I don't really want to announce this in a newspaper. A contact thru a friend is much reliable.

The contacts will NOT be on individual basis. The two classes will correspond with each other via Mail with the help of  their respective teachers. The aim is to get to know the cultures of other countries, cultures from the point of view of the children.

Please write a personal mail to me nabha-...@gmx.de
I would be very glad to hear from you.

Regards
Nalini