AR 17,2010

Anantanarayan Rajaram

Nov 12, 2010, 2:01:39 AM11/12/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The plant is a metre high. Flower width 1.5 cm. Flowering now (Nov.) in wild at Chennai modified habitat.I checked with flowersofindia.net and Shrikant's book.The leaves resemble Aeschynomene indica while the flowers are more like Stylosanthes  fruiticosa.Of course I realize it may possibly be quite unrelated! Look forward for any help. Thanks and regards
Rajaram

AR 17.jpg

Mahadeswara

Nov 12, 2010, 8:37:37 AM11/12/10
to efloraofindia
Looks like Parkinsonia aculeata. Common Name: Jerusalem thorn,

On Nov 12, 12:01 pm, Anantanarayan Rajaram <rajaram_an...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> The plant is a metre high. Flower width 1.5 cm. Flowering now (Nov.) in wild at Chennai modified habitat.I checked with flowersofindia.net and Shrikant's book.The leaves resemble Aeschynomene indica while the flowers are more like Stylosanthes  fruiticosa.Of course I realize it may possibly be quite unrelated! Look forward for any help. Thanks and regards
> Rajaram
>
>  AR
> 167KViewDownload

C KUNHIKANNAN

Nov 13, 2010, 1:35:38 PM11/13/10
to Anantanarayan Rajaram, indian...@googlegroups.com
It look like Aeschynomene. Is it grows in marshy or water logged areas?
Kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

Balkar Arya

Nov 14, 2010, 8:46:50 AM11/14/10
to C KUNHIKANNAN, Anantanarayan Rajaram, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Aeschynomene
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

J.M. Garg

Dec 7, 2010, 7:03:22 AM12/7/10
to efloraofindia, Anantanarayan Rajaram, Balkar Arya, Mahadeswara Swamy, C KUNHIKANNAN, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, Smilax004

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Looks like Parkinsonia aculeata. Common Name: Jerusalem thorn” from Mahadeswara ji.

“It look like Aeschynomene. Is it grows in marshy or water logged areas?
Kunhikannan”

Yes Aeschynomene” from Balkar ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

AR 17.jpg

Joshi Pankaj

Dec 7, 2010, 7:58:39 AM12/7/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anantanarayan Rajaram, Balkar Arya, Mahadeswara Swamy, C KUNHIKANNAN, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, Smilax004
Aeschynomene only, we have also same genus in our area.

Pankaj

Pankaj N. Joshi, Ph.D
Scientist
Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE)
Post Box # 83, Opp. Changleshwar Temple,
Mundra Road, Bhuj- Kachchh
Gujarat: 370 001 (India)
Phone: +91 2832 235025, 329408; Fax: 235027
Cell: +91 94269 49523
Optional E-mail: pranav...@rediffmail.com

Dec 24, 2010, 8:27:49 AM12/24/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anantanarayan Rajaram, Mahadeswara Swamy, Balkar Arya, C KUNHIKANNAN, Joshi Pankaj
Aeschynomene indica L.

***
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College,
Mumbai

J.M. Garg

Dec 25, 2010, 12:49:41 AM12/25/10
to efloraofindia, Anantanarayan Rajaram, Mahadeswara Swamy, Balkar Arya, C KUNHIKANNAN, Joshi Pankaj
A reply from Mahadeswara ji:
"By mistake I  proposed the species to be Parkinsonia aculeata, as the photograph was deceiving.   I stand corrected."

Message has been deleted

S Kasim

Nov 27, 2016, 12:26:00 AM11/27/16
to efloraofindia, rajara...@yahoo.com
Absence of paired bracts rule out Aeschynomen india.
It looks like Sesbania procumbens

with regards.

S Kasim

Nov 27, 2016, 12:28:24 AM11/27/16
to efloraofindia, rajara...@yahoo.com
Please read as "Aeschynomene"

JM Garg

Nov 27, 2016, 3:51:22 AM11/27/16
to efloraofindia, Anantanarayan Rajaram
AR 17.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 27, 2016, 3:51:56 AM11/27/16
to S Kasim, efloraofindia, rajara...@yahoo.com
Thanks, Kasim ji.

On 27 November 2016 at 09:54, S Kasim <nasim...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is not Aeschynomene indica.  Pl verify the flower shape and calyx. To me it looks like Sesbania procumbens.
with regards.

On Friday, November 12, 2010 at 12:31:39 PM UTC+5:30, Anantanarayan Rajaram wrote:
The plant is a metre high. Flower width 1.5 cm. Flowering now (Nov.) in wild at Chennai modified habitat.I checked with flowersofindia.net and Shrikant's book.The leaves resemble Aeschynomene indica while the flowers are more like Stylosanthes  fruiticosa.Of course I realize it may possibly be quite unrelated! Look forward for any help. Thanks and regards
Rajaram

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).