Kalatope id al270311a

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 27, 2011, 1:01:51 PM3/27/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
Now I know why I did not see earlier the mustard family... they all have
almost the same look unless one looks carefully at the leaves and is
studying plants...
:)

Location Kalatope, Chamba
Altitude 2100 mt
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Height 10 inches

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 27, 2011, 9:15:22 PM3/27/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
You missed the attachment, Alok ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 28, 2011, 3:14:23 AM3/28/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
ooops... sorry sir, must have been too sleepy.. :)
Regards
Alok
DSCN6190.jpg
DSCN6191.jpg
DSCN6192.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 28, 2011, 6:07:32 AM3/28/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks same Alliaria petiolata, uploaded earlier also

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Na Bha

Mar 28, 2011, 7:03:29 AM3/28/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com

Yes, it looks like Alliaria petiolata, Knoblauchrauke (German)  or garlic mustard. We use the young leaves and flowers in place of garlic and it grows like a weed.
But I saw the hairy stem in Alokjis Fotos. In Alliaria petiolata Fotos in Wiki and also in Fotos from my garden I did not see any hair. So I was not sure and did not answer.

Please find some Fotos from my garden taken last year on 14. Mai. Is it same as Alokjis Herb?
Regards
Nalini