efloraofindia:''For Id 17082011MR1’’ plant with magenta flowers at PUNE

Madhuri Raut

Aug 17, 2011, 2:19:46 AM8/17/11
to efloraofindia

Respected members,

Kindly identify the plant with following specifications

Date/Time- March/April 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Pune Maharashtra

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  small potted  plant

Height/Length-  short plant 5-6 cms I think

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- thin green strips

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- Deep Magenta flowers

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Not seen

Regards

Bhagyashri

090520111366.jpg
090520111364.jpg
090520111365.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Aug 17, 2011, 3:50:27 AM8/17/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
... most probably cultivar of Portulaca grandiflora, native of South America ... commonly known as Chinese rose, Japanese Rose.
Please wait for comment(s).

Regards.
Dinesh

Madhuri Raut

Aug 17, 2011, 4:12:00 AM8/17/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr. Shiddamallayyaji and Dineshji. In Marathi the local name here is Chini gulaab but I wanted the correct identification.

Regards
Bhagyashri

promila chaturvedi

Aug 17, 2011, 8:19:41 AM8/17/11
to Madhuri Raut, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
It is Portulaca grandi flora. It is annual plant I feel.
Promila

Tanay Bose

Aug 17, 2011, 10:12:55 AM8/17/11
to promila chaturvedi, Madhuri Raut, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Yes Portulaca grandiflora
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Ushadi micromini

Aug 17, 2011, 12:55:51 PM8/17/11
to efloraofindia
This plant has recently beeen discussed at length here ,,,, see this
link:
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/c4d76860179ddaf9/d29642ada179dd6c?lnk=gst&q=portulaca+2011+usha+di#d29642ada179dd6c

Usha di
===========

On Aug 17, 7:12 pm, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes *Portulaca grandiflora*
> Tanay
>
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 5:19 AM, promila chaturvedi <
>

> thegardener.chaturv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It is Portulaca grandi flora. It is annual plant I feel.
> > Promila
>
> > On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Thank you Dr. Shiddamallayyaji and Dineshji. In Marathi the local name
> >> here is Chini gulaab but I wanted the correct identification.
>
> >> Regards
> >> Bhagyashri

> --
> *Tanay Bose*
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/

Madhuri Raut

Aug 17, 2011, 11:41:03 PM8/17/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thankyou Promilaji,Tanayji and Ushadiji. Ushadiji I did go through the previous link where this plant is really discussed at length. Indeed it was very informative. Thank you

Regards to all
Bhagyashri