Flora of Chakrata: Vitex negundo from Tiger Fall Road Near hote Himalayan paradise

Balkar Arya

Sep 24, 2011, 10:59:42 PM9/24/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Vitex negundo from Tiger Fall Road Near hote Himalayan paradise
Medicinal Plant called as Nirgundi
Thanks
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Vitex negundo (1).JPG
Vitex negundo (2).JPG
Vitex negundo (3).JPG
Vitex negundo (4).JPG
Vitex negundo (5).JPG
Vitex negundo (6).JPG
Vitex negundo (7).JPG
Vitex negundo (8).JPG

Tanay Bose

Sep 24, 2011, 11:13:29 PM9/24/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Highly medicinal plant ... attaching a link for the medicinal importance of
Vitex negundo

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Sep 24, 2011, 11:18:08 PM9/24/11
to Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Thanks Tanay for the link

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 25, 2011, 8:27:03 AM9/25/11
to Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Yes Balkar ji, pretty fast with your Chakrata plants. I am still lingering on 16/9.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Sep 25, 2011, 8:46:53 AM9/25/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Thanks Sir for validation
Sir you go systematically, but i am trying to idify only those plants for which i have some idea. And now only about 20 left which I can idify. For remaining about 100's of species we will wait for your posts to know them.
thanks

Ushadi micromini

Sep 25, 2011, 11:17:56 PM9/25/11
to efloraofindia
Very nice ...
my favorite..
natural aspirin...
people should plant one or two in the little space they may have...
I had one in calcutta....
something heavy was leaning against it when hurricane Aila hit at 120
miles an hours winds and killed it...
now I have to replant one..
just a handful of leaves boiled into a tea will act to reduce fever in
jiffy, and
a couple of handful of leaves simmered in a half cup sesame or mustard
oil with a little camphor added after cooling will make a nice
massage oil for osteoarthritis... the latter also need weight loss,
dietary restrictions , muscle strengthening exercise etc... of course.

usha di
===========

hari lal

Sep 26, 2011, 12:02:26 AM9/26/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
very nicecollection thanks for sharing
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 4:26:55 AM9/26/11
to hari lal, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thanks Ushadi Ji
Usefull Information