Glochidion ellipticum

Rashida Atthar

Oct 27, 2010, 11:24:28 AM10/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Saw fruiting of Glochidion ellipticum at Matheran, Mah., on 23 Oct'10. Hope ID is correct !

regards,
Rashida.
Glochidion ellipticum.JPG
Glochidion ellipticum (2).JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 27, 2010, 12:04:37 PM10/27/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Glochidion eriocarpum IF THE FRUITS HAVE HAIRS OVER IT (I cant make out).
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Neil Soares

Oct 27, 2010, 12:53:05 PM10/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Rashida Atthar
Affirmative Rashida. This is Bhoma [G.ellipticum] previously Glochiodon hohenackeri.
                       Regards,
                        Neil.

Neil Soares

Oct 27, 2010, 1:44:57 PM10/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Rashida Atthar
Hi,
 Sending my photographs of Bhoma.
                    Regards,
                      Neil Soares.

--- On Wed, 10/27/10, Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Glochidion ellipticum,G. hohenackeri fruit 1.jpg
Glochidion ellipticum,G. hohenackeri fruit 2.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Oct 28, 2010, 4:21:53 AM10/28/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the validation and  nice pictures. The fruits seem to have variable sections six seven or eight.

regards,
Rashida.

JM Garg

Apr 9, 2022, 5:47:05 AM4/9/22
to efloraofindia
I think it is more closer to images at Glochidion hohenackeri (Müll.Arg.) Bedd. rather than those at Glochidion ellipticum Wight