ID request- 18022011-PKA1

Prashant awale

Feb 18, 2011, 9:27:18 AM2/18/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Requesting ID for this Climbing Shrub from CBD Belapur Hills (Navi Mumbai).
Leaves alternate, Shining and with petioles of approx 7- 8mm. Flowers creamy white, mild fragrant.

Date / Time: 16-02-2011 / 12:30PM
Location: CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Shrub

regards
Prashant

IMG_4644.jpg
IMG_4656.jpg
IMG_4657.jpg
IMG_4665.jpg
IMG_4659.jpg
IMG_4662.jpg
IMG_4667.jpg
IMG_4650.jpg
IMG_4651.jpg
IMG_4655.jpg

Vijayasankar

Feb 18, 2011, 10:51:08 AM2/18/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Olax species, perhaps.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Neil Soares

Feb 18, 2011, 12:11:43 PM2/18/11
to Prashant awale, Vijayasankar, indiantreepix
Hi,
 Agree with Dr. Vijayasankar. This is an species of Olax, possibly O.imbricata. Have seen Olax psittacorum [O.scandens] on the other side of the quarry at C.E.C., Goregaon.
                        Regards,
                         Neil Soares.

Satish Phadke

Feb 19, 2011, 2:29:57 AM2/19/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Really nice catch. Something not heard so far....

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 19, 2011, 5:54:41 AM2/19/11
to efloraofindia
I recollect this plant posted some time back. Neilji is right, it is
Olax imbricata Roxb. of Olacaceae. Regards, Shrikant