Excerpts from XVIII IBC 2011, Melbourne

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jul 31, 2011, 8:54:46 PM7/31/11
to efloraofindia, itp...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

Returned back from Melbourne yesterday after attending the 'Maha-Kumbha' of Plant taxonomists.

It was a wonderful experience to see representatives from 73 countries with more than 2000 participants. Many renowned plant taxonomists like Mark Chase, Peter H. Raven, Kanchi Gandhi, Tod. F. Stuessy, Stevens, Rosabelle Samuelle  and many more attended this meeting. Happy to see a good number of participants from India too.
A congress gala dinner was also organized to promote interaction between the botanists.

Two most important decisions (for vascular plants) taken during the meeting are:

(1) No Latin description is mandatory for describing a new taxa wef. 1st January, 2012.
(2) Electronic publications will be considered valid from 1st January 2012....no need to submit a hard copy to any library.

The next IBC will be organized in China in 2017.

Sharing some photos with eFlora members.
Hope you'll like them.

Regards,
Ritesh.
Conference site.JPG
DSC_0414.JPG
Mark Chase delivering speech.JPG
Peter H Raven.JPG
Scientific gathering.JPG
DSC_0119.JPG
DSC_0324.JPG
DSC_0336.JPG
DSC_0347.JPG
DSC_0373.JPG
DSC_0393.JPG
DSC_0404.JPG
DSC_0407.JPG

Balkar Arya

Jul 31, 2011, 10:07:06 PM7/31/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia
Nice Thanks for Sharing Ritesh Ji
One Request how we can get full proceedings of the Conference

Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ritesh Choudhary

Jul 31, 2011, 10:13:40 PM7/31/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Sir,

The abstract book (PDF) can be downloaded from the following link:
http://www.ibc2011.com/

Regards,
Ritesh.

Balkar Arya

Jul 31, 2011, 10:48:26 PM7/31/11
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
thanks a lot Ritesh Ji

amit chauhan

Aug 1, 2011, 12:21:27 AM8/1/11
to Balkar Arya, Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thanks Riteshji for sharing this and the link. Congratulations for
attending the Mahakumb of taxonomist

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

J.M. Garg

Aug 1, 2011, 1:30:27 AM8/1/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia
Thanks, Ritesh ji,
For letting us know first hand.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1630 members & 73,000 messages on 30/6/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

Balkar Arya

Aug 1, 2011, 3:07:42 AM8/1/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Aug 1, 2011, 3:17:46 AM8/1/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot for the link Sir!

Regards,
Ritesh.

Balkar Arya

Aug 1, 2011, 3:21:14 AM8/1/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia
Welcome Ritesh Ji, basically i stole this link from the link provided by u so credit goes to u only

Regards,
Ritesh.

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 1, 2011, 2:35:20 PM8/1/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Ritesh for sharing.
I am more happy to see my maha guru, Prof Chase there.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 1, 2011, 2:40:35 PM8/1/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia
Thank you for sharing your experience with photographs.

Regards,
Giby

GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,
Jakkur Post, Srirampura
Bangalore- 560064
India
Phone - +91 9448714856 (Mobile)

hari lal

Aug 2, 2011, 12:42:11 AM8/2/11
to Giby Kuriakose, itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia
thanks for sharing ritesh ji i m also a taxonomy lover & meet Tod. F.
Stuessy in aurangabad maharastra 2010

--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 2, 2011, 4:59:20 AM8/2/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, Pragya Sourabh, efloraofindia
I got the the published outcomes of IBC 2011, from Dr Pragya Sourabh (GGS Indraprastha University, Delhi).

I am sharing the same with our group.

Regards,
Giby

IBC_Outcomes.pdf

manudev madhavan

Aug 2, 2011, 6:11:53 AM8/2/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, Pragya Sourabh, efloraofindia
Thankyou for sharing the photographs Ritesh ji,
My guide, Dr. Santhosh Nampy was a participant of this event.

Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow
Systematic & Floristic Lab,
Department of Botany,
Centre for Postgraduate Studies & Research
St. Joseph's College, Devagiri
Kozhikode- 673 008
Mob: 9496470738

Balkar Arya

Aug 2, 2011, 8:40:38 AM8/2/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, Pragya Sourabh, efloraofindia
Thanks Giby ji for sharing

Dr K. Brijesh

Aug 2, 2011, 10:57:38 AM8/2/11
to efloraofindia

Thanks for sharing riteshji and Giby ji

Vijayasankar

Aug 2, 2011, 11:27:22 AM8/2/11
to itp...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia
Welcome back, Ritesh. Thanks for sharing those nice pictures. Good to know the two historically important decisions made by the IBC.
I am sure you had wonderful time there. It feels good that one of our member friends attended the Congress. Congrats!
Thanks also to Balkar ji, Giby, IAAT and Pragya Sourabh for sharing the outcomes of the Congress.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Ritesh Choudhary

Aug 2, 2011, 8:24:11 PM8/2/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks Vijayji and all for your positive comments!

Regards,
Ritesh.