Fwd: The Silviculture of Indian Trees

J.M. Garg

Apr 21, 2011, 3:08:37 AM4/21/11
to efloraofindia
Forwarding pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arun Patre <ar...@arghyam.org>
Date: 21 April 2011 12:12
Subject: Re: Efloraofindia
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

This maybe useful to your group & its members:

The Silviculture of Indian Trees, is a seminal reference work in three volumes, that contains in-depth information (from a silvicultural point of view) about nearly all tree species of India, covering some 63 botanical orders. It is the outcome of twenty years of field-based research by Robert Scott Troup, a British forestry expert who spent much of his career in India, and is considered a classic landmark work on the subject.

Regards,
Arun Patre

India Water Portal Team
http://indiawaterportal.org/

Phone: +91 80 4169 8941/42  Ext -23

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 11:48 AM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Arun ji,

Btw, are you interested in Indian Flora which is also closely related to butterflies, birds, other aspects etc.? If so, why don't you join ‘efloraofindia’ e-group (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30.3.11) & interact a bit about our flora & bring beauties from your lens, if any? Efloraofindia (eFI in short) is the largest google e-group in the world in this field & the largest nature related e-group (and the most constructive) in India devoted to creating awareness, helping in identification etc. along with discussion on & documentation of Indian Flora.

Efloraofindia (eFI in short) website (https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home) helps in documenting flora of India that is being discussed on efloraofindia google e-group along with supplementing the working of the group. A species database has also been created here family wise & then followed genus wise. Intent of this database is compilation of all the posts on 'efloraofindia' e- group so that it’s useful to all concerned as all the data about a particular species will be available under a single head & easily searchable.  More than four thousand & five hundred species' pages of seed plants, ferns, fungi & others are available with details for those species which have already been discussed in effloraofindia e-group.

Should I add you as a member?

If so, please let me know, which one of the four options you want, from given below, as at present on an average around 100 messages (in around 30 mails) per day are received:

Email - send each message as it arrives’ option,

No Email; read this group on the web’ option,

Abridged Email; send a summary of new activity each day’ option or

Digest Email; send all new messages in a single daily email’ option.

You can also visit & join ‘efloraofindia’ by clicking at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.

Pl. also mention your full name, occupation (optionally: qualification, professional attachments etc.) and place & why do you want to become a member?

You can also forward it to anybody interested.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)