Murdannia species? - TQ

Tabish

Aug 30, 2010, 3:55:34 PM8/30/10
to efloraofindia
Photographed from Chennai. Looks like a Murdannia species to me.
Please identify
- Tabish
CAM 018.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 30, 2010, 4:52:58 PM8/30/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
This is Murdania indeed !!
Something close to Murdannia nudiflora?
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Mayur Nandikar

Aug 31, 2010, 12:28:10 AM8/31/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Tabish ji I need details of It its urgent and Thanx in Advance
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Tabish

Aug 31, 2010, 1:04:46 AM8/31/10
to efloraofindia
Sorry Mayur,
No more detail is available right now, except that it was
photographed in Chennai. This picture was taken by somebody else - if
the photographer gives me any more info, I will post it here.
- Tabish

On Aug 31, 9:28 am, Mayur Nandikar <mayurnandi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tabish ji I need details of It its urgent and Thanx in Advance

Mayur Nandikar

Aug 31, 2010, 1:20:08 AM8/31/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Hello,

This one is Murdannia striatipetala Faden.
Under the title
New Taxa of Murdannia (Commelinaceae) from Sri Lanka
Author(s): Robert B. Faden
Novon, Vol. 11, No. 1 (Spring, 2001), pp. 22-30

Distribution northern Sri Lanka and southern India.

If possible then please ask him exact locality of same. I think either it is from Tambaram, Nungambakam, or Chinghput Guindy.  Please confirm.

Thank you.

Tabish

Aug 31, 2010, 2:10:57 AM8/31/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks Mayur for the identification. Looks like I was on the right
track - I was searching for some name like Murdannia reticulata
(reticulata means net-veined) - but no such species exists! :-)
striatipetala means, having striped petals.
I have sent a query to the photographer - will post when she
responds.
Cheers!
- Tabish

On Aug 31, 10:20 am, Mayur Nandikar <mayurnandi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This one is *Murdannia striatipetala *Faden.

Tabish

Sep 1, 2010, 2:00:04 PM9/1/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Mayur,
This Murdannia striatipetala was photographed at Thirumullaivoyal,
on the banks of Red Hills lake, Chennai, and was growing in a marshy
area. I hope this information is useful to you.
Cheers!
- Tabish

On Aug 31, 10:20 am, Mayur Nandikar <mayurnandi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This one is *Murdannia striatipetala *Faden.

Bijay Khadka

Oct 6, 2020, 2:22:22 AM10/6/20
to efloraofindia
It is not M. nudiflora.