Pine Tree for ID : 031011 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 3, 2011, 2:39:47 AM10/3/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose
These pictures were taken on way to Pahalgam on the 6th of Sept, after leaving Patni Top.
Could be the same as the one posted earlier or different species of Pine.
Regards,
Aarti
DSC_0353.JPG
DSC_0355.JPG
DSC_0356.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 3, 2011, 2:41:22 AM10/3/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, tanay bose
Pinus wallichiana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 3, 2011, 2:50:55 AM10/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
That was too quick reply!!
Many thanks for the id.
All the Pine trees seen by me were told to be Chir Pine....So I am confused.
Who can be a better authority than you?
Aarti

chrischa...@btinternet.com

Feb 20, 2017, 7:10:56 AM2/20/17
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tanay...@gmail.com
Yes, these images seem to be of Pinus wallichiana - NOT P.roxburghii which has ovoid-conical cones.