Request for species id. DKV 23052011-1

Dev Kumar

May 23, 2011, 4:31:51 AM5/23/11
to indiantreepix
Tree seen by the roadside on the outskirts of Indore, MP.
A friend mentioned the name "Gadha Neem" but I could not find anything
when I searched using this name.
Thanks
Dev
DSC01733.JPG
DSC01734.JPG
DSC01735.JPG

Nayan Singh

May 23, 2011, 5:30:20 AM5/23/11
to Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
looks like Melia azadarach

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100
May 23, 2011, 9:00:59 AM5/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Nayan Singh, Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
... a guess (could be a bad guess) ... species of Swietenia ?
Regards.
Dinesh

promila chaturvedi

May 23, 2011, 9:34:12 AM5/23/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, Nayan Singh, Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
After seeing Dinesh Ji's answer, I read about Swietenia and I feel it could be Swietenia mahagoni.
Promila

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 23, 2011, 10:13:53 AM5/23/11
to efloraofindia
Why not Toona cilliata?
Pankaj

Satish Phadke

May 23, 2011, 11:17:27 AM5/23/11
to Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
The tree can be Spondias pinnata.
Attaching some of my pictures for comparison.
Dr Phadke
Spondias pinnata3 .jpg
_MG_1257s.jpg

Satish Chile

May 23, 2011, 11:27:32 AM5/23/11
to Satish Phadke, Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
Yes Satish ji this seems to be Spondias pinnata

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

tanay bose

May 23, 2011, 1:34:40 PM5/23/11
to Satish Chile, Satish Phadke, Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
Yes Spondias pinnata
The first picture is truly great ..nice contrast
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dev Kumar

May 23, 2011, 1:45:25 PM5/23/11
to tanay bose, Satish Chile, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear friends
Many thanks.

Do take a look at:

Importance and Problems in Natural Regeneration of Spondias pinnata
Anoop Badoni and Chetna Bisht
Department of Seed Science and Technology
High Altitude Plant Physiology Research Center H. N. B. Garhwal University, Srinagar- 246 174, Uttarakhand, India

http://www.sciencepub.net/report/report0105/03_1022_Anoop_Badoni_report0105.pdf

Regards
Dev

H S

May 24, 2011, 3:33:15 AM5/24/11
to Dev Kumar, tanay bose, Satish Chile, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix

Its very difficult to identify this foto... as there are many species of trees which produces such kind of leaves and fruits...
even if someone does it... always remain in doubtfull...

need more close up fotos of leaves...

 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati

May 24, 2011, 7:09:43 AM5/24/11
to H S, Dev Kumar, tanay bose, Satish Chile, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
A five headed snake found in Cantonment Bangalore (India)

--
Dr. Shiddamallayya N,
Survey of Medicinal Plant Unit

Na Bha

May 24, 2011, 7:34:11 AM5/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Oh, this mail is going round for the last three (?) years. good fotoshop-work

Gurcharan Singh

May 24, 2011, 8:00:15 AM5/24/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Nabha ji
A good morphing job

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018
Phone: 01125518297; Mobile: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 7, 2020, 3:45:35 AM12/7/20