Tylophora species for ID SMP 13/05/2011

Satish Phadke

May 13, 2011, 9:56:23 AM5/13/11
to indiantreepix
Was checking my old collection.
This erect climber was spotted in Paud pirangut area near Pune growing wild. in Dec 2005
From what I remember the flower size is less than a cm.
Initially I thought it to be Tylophora indica Syn T. asthmatica.
Some features do differ though.................
The flower is completely chocolate brown unlike most flower pictures posted on the group of T.indica which are greenish white at the periphery.
The leaves are lanceolate with a small petiole here unlike those seen in most pictures of  T.indica.
Can it be Tylophora fasciculata?
Dr Satish Phadke
Tylophora DSCN7703s.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

May 13, 2011, 10:06:19 AM5/13/11
to efloraofindia
This is Hemidesmus indicus. Regards, Shrikant