id requested 20110730 IRUPPU KODAGU

shivaprakash adavanne

Jul 31, 2011, 1:32:30 AM7/31/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

these minute plants were in flower on rocksurface near Iruppur Falls, Kodagu.
Requesting for id.

regards

a.shivaprakash

You have been sent 5 pictures.

DSCN9846.JPG
DSCN9847.JPG
DSCN9848.JPG
DSCN9849.JPG
DSCN9850.JPG

DSCN9846.JPG
DSCN9847.JPG
DSCN9848.JPG
DSCN9849.JPG
DSCN9850.JPG

Nayan Singh

Jul 31, 2011, 2:01:43 AM7/31/11
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
sp of Utricularia may be U. purpurascens but not very sure
Thanks
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100
Jul 31, 2011, 4:38:24 AM7/31/11
to shivaprakash adavanne, indiantreepix
It is Utricularia striatula of Lentibulariaceae family. I think the
common English name of this plant is Striped Bladderwort. This plant
grows on rocks and tree trunks as well. Only during monsoon this tiny
beauty is alive!

Plants of this genus are insectivorous! You can see the bladders at
the nodal region of the stem.

Regards
Giby

>  DSCN9846.JPG
> 114KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN9847.JPG
> 111KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN9848.JPG
> 99KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN9849.JPG
> 104KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN9850.JPG
> 120KViewDownload

Sharad Kambale

Jul 31, 2011, 5:30:31 AM7/31/11
to Nayan Singh, shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
Respected/Dear Sir/madam/friends
              I am herewith sendind an add of RGNf and MANF
please go through and apply those who are applicable.

With regards
Sharad Kamble.
MANF_English2011.pdf
RGNF_English2011.pdf