Cryptocoryne for identification 140211MK1

Muthu Karthick

Feb 14, 2011, 5:11:16 AM2/14/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to id this Araceae member found in river bank.

Date/Time-

09-02-2011 / 11:00 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

a river in Satyamangalam RF; TN. c 350 msl

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

riverine aquatic

Plant Habit-

Herb

Height/Length-

c. 40 cm

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

c. 35 X 3 cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

2 - 3cm across; seeds copious

Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Cryptocornye (11).jpg
Cryptocornye (9).jpg
Cryptocornye (10).jpg
Cryptocornye.jpg
Cryptocornye (1).jpg
Cryptocornye (2).jpg
Cryptocornye (3).jpg
Cryptocornye (4).jpg
Cryptocornye (5).jpg
Cryptocornye (6).jpg
Cryptocornye (8).jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 14, 2011, 9:47:50 AM2/14/11
to efloraofindia
Its hard to tell the sp. from pics, its no doubt Cryptocoryne. Pls
enumerate the species from TN flora so that they can be counter
checked. Regards,

On Feb 14, 3:11 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Please help to id this Araceae member found in river bank.
>
>  *Date/Time-*
>
> 09-02-2011 / 11:00 AM
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GP*
>
> a river in Satyamangalam RF; TN. c 350 msl
>
> *Habitat-** Garden**/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> riverine aquatic
>
> *Plant Habit-*
>
> Herb
>
> *Height/Length-*
>
> c. 40 cm
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*
>
> c. 35 X 3 cm
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size-*
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *
> 2 - 3cm across; seeds copious
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
> *
> *
>
> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Care Earth Trust
> #15, second main road,
> Thillai ganga nagar,
> Chennai - 600 061
> Mob: 09626833911www.careearthtrust.org
>
>  Cryptocornye (11).jpg
> 166KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye.jpg
> 184KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (1).jpg
> 144KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (2).jpg
> 130KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (3).jpg
> 116KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (4).jpg
> 162KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (5).jpg
> 134KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (6).jpg
> 126KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (8).jpg
> 167KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (9).jpg
> 195KViewDownload
>
>  Cryptocornye (10).jpg
> 144KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Feb 15, 2011, 2:02:52 AM2/15/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
The collection site is a river bank that have been always brimmed with water of the perennial river in Nilgiris district at a low altitude.
So far the following plants in this Genus are reported from Tamil Nadu.

Species

Distribution in TN

Cryptocoryne ciliata (Roxb.) Schott

Western Ghats, Evergreen Forests

Cryptocoryne consobrina Schott

Western Ghats, Evergreen Forests

Cryptocoryne retrospiralis (Roxb.) Kunth.

Plains to Low Altitude, Marsh Localities

Cryptocoryne spiralis (Retz.) Fischer

Plains to Mid Altitude, Marsh Localities

Source: Checklist of Angiosperms in Tamil Nadu   http://tnenvis.nic.in/database_bio_flo.htm
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 15, 2011, 10:09:32 AM3/15/11
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Shrikant ji............................Its hard to tell the sp. from pics, its no doubt Cryptocoryne. Pls

enumerate the species from TN flora so that they can be counter checked.

Muthu ji...............................The collection site is a river bank that have been always brimmed with water of the perennial river in Nilgiris district at a low altitude.
So far the following plants in this Genus are reported from Tamil Nadu.

Species

Distribution in TN

Cryptocoryne ciliata (Roxb.) Schott

Western Ghats, Evergreen Forests

Cryptocoryne consobrina Schott

Western Ghats, Evergreen Forests

Cryptocoryne retrospiralis (Roxb.) Kunth.

Plains to Low Altitude, Marsh Localities

Cryptocoryne spiralis (Retz.) Fischer

Plains to Mid Altitude, Marsh Localities

Source: Checklist of Angiosperms in Tamil Nadu   http://tnenvis.nic.in/database_bio_flo.htm

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
.
Cryptocornye (11).jpg
Cryptocornye (9).jpg
Cryptocornye (10).jpg
Cryptocornye.jpg
Cryptocornye (1).jpg
Cryptocornye (2).jpg
Cryptocornye (3).jpg
Cryptocornye (4).jpg
Cryptocornye (5).jpg
Cryptocornye (6).jpg
Cryptocornye (8).jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2011, 12:26:18 AM6/26/11
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID
Earlier feedback
Shrikant ji............................Its hard to tell the sp. from pics, its no doubt Cryptocoryne. Pls enumerate the species from TN flora so that they can be counter checked.
Muthu ji...............................The collection site is a river bank that have been always brimmed with water of the perennial river in Nilgiris district at a low altitude.
So far the following plants in this Genus are reported from Tamil Nadu.
SpeciesDistribution in TN
Cryptocoryne ciliata (Roxb.) SchottWestern Ghats, Evergreen Forests
Cryptocoryne consobrina SchottWestern Ghats, Evergreen Forests
Cryptocoryne retrospiralis (Roxb.) Kunth.Plains to Low Altitude, Marsh Localities
Cryptocoryne spiralis (Retz.) FischerPlains to Mid Altitude, Marsh Localities

Source: Checklist of Angiosperms in Tamil Nadu   http://tnenvis.nic.in/database_bio_flo.htm

Jan 27, 2015, 2:23:41 AM1/27/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, swamy...@yahoo.com, L. Rasingam, C Kalidasa, Kabeer Althaf, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, Giby Kuriakose
Dear all,

I am posting flowers of the same plant found in the locality. Please help me to confirm the species of Cryptocoryne.

Location: Moyar River, Sathyamangalam wls, TN
Alt.: 300 m asl
Date: 22 Nov 2014
IMG_2626.JPG
IMG_2627.JPG
IMG_2628.JPG
IMG_2632.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 3, 2015, 7:30:00 AM2/3/15
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

IMG_2626.JPG
IMG_2627.JPG
IMG_2628.JPG
IMG_2632.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 4, 2015, 12:14:43 AM2/4/15
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks a lot, Jan ji.
Feb 5, 2015, 6:21:00 AM2/5/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
It may be Cryptocoryne retrospiralis (Roxb.) Kunth