efloraofindia:''For Id 14102011MR3’’ Resurfacing for Id ? Yellow Mandevilla, Wild Allamanda (Urechites lutea) Pune

Madhuri Raut

Oct 14, 2011, 3:06:12 AM10/14/11
to efloraofindia

Can this be

Yellow Mandevilla, Wild Allamanda (Urechites lutea)

found similar flower at the following link

 http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/51014/

Resurfacing for identification

This plant was at a local nursery

Prior identification

Allamanda cathartica Tanay Bose ji

Allamanda                  Balkar Arya ji

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- plant was in a small bag at a nursery

Height/Length- 1foot

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-neon yellow flower

No fruit seen

Regards

Bhagyashri

u3.jpg

Tanay Bose

Oct 14, 2011, 9:09:10 AM10/14/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Madhuri Ji I think you are absolutely correct
Thanks for correcting my previous mistake
in identifying this plant.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Madhuri Raut

Oct 14, 2011, 9:48:16 AM10/14/11
to Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Thank you Tanayji for validation.
It was not and never is my intention to correct anyone. I am not very familiar with Botany any more and need to brush up whatever was studied in std 12th. I need and value all the expert opinions.
Regards
Bhagyashri

Tanay Bose

Oct 14, 2011, 10:11:15 AM10/14/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Hi Madhuri ji.
I never feel bad when I find members correcting me rather I appreciate it.
Its good to know that you have put some serious thoughts in identifying
the plant, such effort from members like you are the the pillars for the
success of eFI. I will request you keep up with such efforts and keep
posting loads of plants.

Thanks
Tanay

Madhuri Raut

Oct 14, 2011, 10:30:18 AM10/14/11
to Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Thank you for the encouraging words Tanayji
Regards
Bhagyashri

Bhagyashri

Feb 17, 2012, 12:35:48 PM2/17/12
to Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
This is a resurfaced post as a separate thread by mistake
link to original thread
--
Regards
Bhagyashri

JM Garg

Aug 12, 2012, 8:33:53 AM8/12/12
to efloraofindia
"Dear friends,
It is Allamanda cv.dwarf .widly used in landscaped gardens in and around Pune,Mumbai and Gujrat.

There is another var. also used in same ways.It is Allamnda dwarf variegated.It has the leaves with gray or silvery tinge but the flowers are same as this.
Allamanda cathartica is a climber while this is not a climber .It can grow up to one meter if it is not preunned.Generaly used in road side strips.It is a determinate type.

Regards

H S Bedekar.
Ex.Chief Horticulturist,
Reliance Ind Ltd."