Plant for ID SMP1 23/2/2011

Satish Phadke

Feb 23, 2011, 10:39:14 AM2/23/11
to indiantreepix
Was going through my collection.
This is a large shrub observed in April May few years back in Kudremukh area in Karnataka.
The leaves are thick dark green about 8-10 cm bye 5-6 cm. appear to be opposite.
The flowers were white ...size shape approx. that of Datura.
For ID
Dr Phadke Satish
DSCN4347e.jpg
DSCN4345s.jpg

Prashant awale

Feb 23, 2011, 10:52:04 AM2/23/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear Satish ji,
I am making a wild guess about the Family, i may be totally wrong......

"Loganiaceae"..

regards
Prashant

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 25, 2011, 7:11:34 AM2/25/11
to efloraofindia
Prashant, I was waiting for someone to pick the thread from your guess
Loganiaceae. Yes, you seem to be right once more, keep it up. How did
you guess? This is Fagraea ceilanica, this is a shrub of evergreen
forests often epiphytic on Terminalia paniculata. Regards, Shrikant