Solanum Viarum?

Yazdy Palia

May 30, 2010, 1:02:15 AM5/30/10
to indiantreepix
Hello Friends,
My first pictures.

You have been sent 4 pictures.

DSCN2613.TIF
DSCN2614.TIF
DSCN2621.TIF
DSCN2622.JPG

DSCN2613.jpg
DSCN2614.jpg
DSCN2621.jpg
DSCN2622.JPG

tanay bose

May 30, 2010, 1:10:48 AM5/30/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
To me it looks like Solanum viarum
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Gurcharan Singh

May 30, 2010, 1:40:35 AM5/30/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Yazdy ji
I don't think S. viarum which has young fruit with white patches and pale yellow mature fruit.
May be it is S. capsicoides because of unequal pairs of leaves, straight needle-like prickles and more importantly orange coloured mature fruits and green glabrous young fruits.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

May 30, 2010, 1:47:22 AM5/30/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
A new species for me then never seen S capsicoides before
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

May 30, 2010, 1:59:33 AM5/30/10
to tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Here are some to compare

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

May 30, 2010, 2:02:04 AM5/30/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Thank you Sir
Tanay

Yazdy Palia

May 30, 2010, 2:09:48 AM5/30/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Dear Dr. Gurcharan Singh ji,
Absolutely right. Thank you sir. However, I had seen sometime back on
the same plant a fruit that was yellow when mature. Probably due to
infestation by some pest.
Regards
Yazdy.

Gurcharan Singh

May 30, 2010, 2:14:00 AM5/30/10
to Yazdy Palia, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Yazdy ji
You may keep watch on the plant.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Yazdy Palia

May 30, 2010, 2:16:23 AM5/30/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
I surely will. Thanks and regards
Yazdy.

Rashida Atthar

May 30, 2010, 9:06:17 AM5/30/10
to Yazdy Palia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
New plant for me too. So Tanay ji 's motivation has worked on you ! Thanks for Sharing.

regards,
Rashida.

Yazdy Palia

Jun 12, 2010, 5:06:04 AM6/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Dear Dr. Gurcharan Singh ji,
Have been keeping watch over the plant and am noticing that the fruits
turn slightly yellowish (still under observation) before it turns red.
Am enclosing pictures of the fruits as they are just ripening.
Regards
Yazdy.
Am having some problems attaching the files, shall send it by picasa.
Regards
Yazdy.